Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Hi, nice meeting fellow S'poreans here.

Yes, I love the chilli crab, char kway teow, laksa as well

One quick question here, I'm currently monitoring daily chart. For a candle to close completely and a new daily candle to form --- does that take place at 8am S'pore time (Monday to Friday)?

I understand Singapore is +8hrs GMT time.

Any kind brother, pls enlighten here?

2. " "
    Gold Member Array
    Thanks
    Ispalm: It depends but most professional traders will follow NY close which is 1700 EST. And that would be 0500 SGT. My 2 cents.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hedgehog For This Useful Post:

Gold Member Array
    Thanks
    Hello nice to know so many traders in Singapore
    BTW anyone attended Ryan NG Statical traders course www.staticaltraders.com or www.stasg.com
    Please share

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Hi to all the Singaporeans here. Great to see that there is a Singapore community here too

Silver Member Array
    Thanks
    im amazed that here got singaporean community. i travel there quite abit. alot of friends also working there. coolz.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Singapore Growth

For the year of 2011, Singapore's growth eased to 4.8% after a record 14.5% expansion in 2010.

Singapore Economy (Source WSJ)

SINGAPORE—Singapore's economy contracted a little less than analysts had expected in the fourth quarter, but the outlook for the export-dependent island nation remains clouded by its trading partners' troubles.

Output was down an annualized 4.9% in the October-December period from the third quarter, when it had managed to eke out a small gain of 1.5%, the Ministry of Trade and Industry said Tuesday. The median fourth-quarter forecast of nine economists polled by Dow Jones Newswires was for a 5.5% contraction.

Government's 2012 GDP growth forecast is of 1% to 3%.
    Last edited by ian_arifin; 01-11-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

singapore aerospace

Interesting findings for Singapore aerospace industry:

Source: TodayOnline - SINGAPORE - Singapore's aerospace industry has enjoyed healthy growth despite the volatile economy, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said yesterday.

Speaking at an event to commission the new control tower at the Seletar Airport, Mr Lui said the industry has grown by about 12 per cent on average each year over the past two decades. In 2010, it reached a record output of S$7.2 billion and employed about 18,000 workers.
    Last edited by ian_arifin; 01-11-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Silver Member Array
    Thanks
    sorry, not a forex question. but any singaporeans here can recommend a good bank to open saving account with in singapore? can they open account if i do not have a address in singapore?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristianto View Post
    sorry, not a forex question. but any singaporeans here can recommend a good bank to open saving account with in singapore? can they open account if i do not have a address in singapore?
    Any Banks operating in Singapore has deposit security of up to SGD 50K per depositor. In the case when a Bank in Singapore goes underwater, their Government will refund up to SGD 50K per depositor.

There are several overseas Banks operating in Singapore. My preference is HSBC and OCBC. I opened these account while I was working in Singapore. Not sure if you can open an account without a Singapore address. You can access their website and drop your question there.

The three local Banks, truely Singaporean Banks, are OCBC, UOB and DBS. Their websites are
    www.ocbc.com.sg, www.uob,com.sg and www.dbs.com.sg

Of course, there are other foreign retail banks like Bank of China, RaboBank, RHB Bank, May Bank, CIMB, First Bank (Taiwan), Bank of India, Standard Chartered Bank, ICBC (China), Bangkok Bank, CitiBank, ANZ (Australia). There are even more offshore banks.

You may like to check with your local bank if they have a branch in Singapore and services they can provide.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasonKwok For This Useful Post:

Silver Member Array
    Thanks
    wow. thats alot to choose from. i think i will go check it out.

thanks alot!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast