Japanese commercial EAs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, t2g, can you please kindly share your FXDD M1 history data. I know I can download from their web site. But seems their data is somewhat corrupted. Every tick back tests with EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF with any EA such as default MACD sample will cause "premature stop" somewhere between 2009 September or 2009 October even though I didn't specify the range (it should run through 2005-01 to 2010-03). Interestingly, if I only specify 2009-09 to 2010-03, it will run through without trouble nor if I choose Control Points instead of Every tick. I have export the M1 data into csv file and examined them, nothing suspicious to be found, imported back in with csv but problem still exists.

In the same FXDD MT4 platform, I tested with MQ history data by pressing the download button in History centre, no premature stopping problem experienced with that.

I also tried import the FXDD data into GoMarkets platform and tested, it also stopped prematurely. I can only assume it is their data are corrupted.

Thanks..

Maybe, but let's not generalize here - a good EA is a good EA; whether it comes from India, Malaysia, Japan, Tombouctou or Romania, who cares really? As long as it makes money (very rare), I would take any...

You may also say: Japan is/has been in recession for 10/20 years so they can't make EAs... So let's stick to the fact - backtests, demos (maybe) but above all LIVE TRADING and then report in the Forum.

Thanks t2g, that means you are using MQ history data instead of FXDDs. MQ history data is same as the Alpari UK which GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer whereas FXDD is GMT+2 in winter and GMT+3 in summer, so they are not compatible. Just in case you don't know, you can download the official FXDD M1 history data from link below..

hxxp://global.fxdd.c0m/en/mt1m-data.html

But I having some issues with it as I described in my previous post.

yes. you are right. when No.2 EA took short position at 84 yen(USDJPY last deepest bottom)

I stopped run that EA and I threw it away into the river.

after that it was "MartinHELL" I closed all position by myself.

martingale is feeling like "waiting girl friend who never comes back to me again":D

yes these EAs are nothing special.

martingale=HELL

swing EA=doesn’t work

scalper=small profit , Huge loss

There is no profitable EA

still we are looking for "Holy Grail"

Thanks.

Sorry to say its a mistake there are some but to see them is hard see this...................

http://wforex.mt4live.com/

Then tell me if u like it or not

My forward test on these EAs. All EA are included, but not all of them actually trades or trade frequently.

http://jmart.mt4live.com/

2570 in profit on a 5000 demo account after 5 days.

Too fast too easy. Your choice.

Edited by synergy
additional info.

My forward test on these EAs. All EA are included, but not all of them actually trades or trade frequently.

http://jmart.mt4live.com/

2570 in profit on a 5000 demo account after 5 days.

Too fast too easy. Your choice.

Almost all winning trades are from SEMxx EAs. These use additive-martingale MM, so a wrong trend can wreck the account much quicker than the profit build-up. So be careful with them.