Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Diamond Member Array
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 484 Posts

New forum observations...

Hi Guys,

In the new forum, the "code" tags and "image" tags don't seem to work properly.

Have a look at my recent post:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/1677-My-Development-for-Scalp-quot-MU-vs-Chelsea-quot-Trading-System?p=65890&viewfull=1#post65890

Despite me putting the the code tags right next to my text, I still end up with a huge gap of wasted space between the text and link. Also the code tags have a scrollable bar when they don't need one.

When including the image, I found that the full size image was included in the post which skews the thread and makes it tricky to read. The old forum used to automatically create smaller sized images which could be expanded to view in detail.

When posting replies, the quick reply doesn't seem to include all the edit options. Is "quick reply" really required on a forum like this where posters are typically sharing links, screenshots etc. - rather than just posting comments all the time ?

I've yet to find anything which is an improvement on the way the old forum used to work lol.

Also, I've noticed that several systems have been posted which used to be on the "don't share" list in the old forum. I can't find this list in the new forum - does this mean that there are no restrictions any more?

Platinum Member Array
    Thanks
    where are the Kudos and Thanx buttons please in the new forum?

PLON-MANIA MODS... Array Kardel Sharpeye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soundfx View Post
    Hi Guys,

In the new forum, the "code" tags and "image" tags don't seem to work properly.

Have a look at my recent post:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/1677-My-Development-for-Scalp-quot-MU-vs-Chelsea-quot-Trading-System?p=65890&viewfull=1#post65890

Despite me putting the the code tags right next to my text, I still end up with a huge gap of wasted space between the text and link. Also the code tags have a scrollable bar when they don't need one.

When including the image, I found that the full size image was included in the post which skews the thread and makes it tricky to read. The old forum used to automatically create smaller sized images which could be expanded to view in detail.

When posting replies, the quick reply doesn't seem to include all the edit options. Is "quick reply" really required on a forum like this where posters are typically sharing links, screenshots etc. - rather than just posting comments all the time ?

I've yet to find anything which is an improvement on the way the old forum used to work lol.

Also, I've noticed that several systems have been posted which used to be on the "don't share" list in the old forum. I can't find this list in the new forum - does this mean that there are no restrictions any more?
    look the manual

Code:
    http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/5563-Indo-investasi-instruction
    btw .. is up to the browser that u use! sometime IE gave you a hard time .. and yes . it does take time to "GET USED TO "

regards,

K

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyonn View Post
    where are the Kudos and Thanx buttons please in the new forum?
    We have thank button now .. only . the old kudo feature cant be export it here - due to the mismatch database and post numbering.. btw .. we try to change the THANKS to KUDO

Diamond Member Array
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 484 Posts
    Hi Kardel,

Thanks for your response. If other people aren't seeing these strange gaps, then it could be my browser (I'm using IE v7). However if everyone sees them is it just something odd in the CSS settings?

In your response where you make a quote to my original post, I can see about 20 blank lines before the quote shows.

Strangely in some other vBulletin forums I see no gap before quotes yet in the VBulletin support forum I do!

Regarding image posting...

I've seen other vbulletin forums which post images as thumbnails where the [Img] tag is wrapped in a [Url] tag - I tried this as a test though it didn't work here unfortunately.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soundfx View Post
    Hi Kardel,

Thanks for your response. If other people aren't seeing these strange gaps, then it could be my browser (I'm using IE v7). However if everyone sees them is it just something odd in the CSS settings?

In your response where you make a quote to my original post, I can see about 20 blank lines before the quote shows.

Strangely in some other vBulletin forums I see no gap before quotes yet in the VBulletin support forum I do!

Regarding image posting...

I've seen other vbulletin forums which post images as thumbnails where the [Img] tag is wrapped in a [Url] tag - I tried this as a test though it didn't work here unfortunately.
    vbull4.02 use ajax engine more like a facebook .

use firefox or opera or chrome .. if u do use ie .. use the 8 version not recommed

• The Following User Says Thank You to Kardel Sharpeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Honestly...I prefer the old forum. Better format & better looking. Really different from the rest.
    But you guys knows better

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forexfx View Post
    Honestly...I prefer the old forum. Better format & better looking. Really different from the rest.
    But you guys knows better
    me too .. but technology always move forward grow with the time itself... we make our move now! to make sure that we will catch up

btw ... get used to it

Thanks
    Small things are important. I believed that this forum had the edge over others with such small and simple things as KUDOS . I remember you put thought into doing that at the time.
    Reputation and thanks seem to mix the two: if you disapprove you don't thank, if you approve you thank. What is the formula to relate approved reputation and
    so and so is on a distinguished path
    ?
    Besides, nearly every other forum you look at has reputation and thanks.
    I know that it is the content and how members interact that matters, not the format of the forum, but to throw away the charisma of KUDOS is like saying you want to be like everyone else!

BTW, there are now no avatars or signatures - except for mods. Is this to save space?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manganate View Post
    Small things are important. I believed that this forum had the edge over others with such small and simple things as KUDOS . I remember you put thought into doing that at the time.
    Reputation and thanks seem to mix the two: if you disapprove you don't thank, if you approve you thank. What is the formula to relate approved reputation and so and so is on a distinguished path ?
    some times appreciation need tools ... thats why there is a KUDO button and THANKS .. for now .. THANKS .. is good enough
    Besides, nearly every other forum you look at has reputation and thanks.
    I know that it is the content and how members interact that matters, not the format of the forum, but to throw away the charisma of KUDOS is like saying you want to be like everyone else!
    its still in a development process ... beside .. We still dont have LOGO .. YET ! .. .. patience . it needs TIME ...
    We still doing some modification here and there ...
    BTW, there are now no avatars or signatures - except for mods. Is this to save space?
    Yep .. and loading time ... the Vbull default actually .. allow you to make an album of your family, chart and etc even a MOVIE that require so many space ..

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast