• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is M5 scalping dead?

Better use M15, safe.

Comment

5M can produce many false signals, however I did some manual trading on an ECN broker with 5M charts and I actually did surprisingly well. To make a sweeping statement that scalping on 5M is dead is a bit presumptuous.

Comment

For someone to come out and state that a timeframe is responsible for losing strategies is absolute bunk. Makes me lose confidence in the person's credibility, not the timeframe.

Comment

5 Minute trades go well higher timeframe direction

Comment

5 minutes trades get you in the trades early. Assuming you know where the bigger time frame is going, they represent excellent entries.

Comment

Hello sal2000!

do u use the Made E-Z system?

5% a day sounds like this system!

thanks

Comment

Overall, how true is the original statement? I've been trading on M5 for few month without problem but will be glad if someone enlighten on the concept since I'm new to forex.

Comment

A lot of people still seem to use the THV method successfully in M5 (although I haven't trired myself).

Comment

I am trading for last 2 years and i only trade on the m5 and nothing else .. i just use pivots and fibs ..

Comment

Hello,

I have seen people trade with 5Minute system, and I personally think it works, not that I am doing it but for some people, they have a proven method that works for them.
                      So I think the statement that says it doesn't work is not true. Some people even trade at lower timeframe such as 1 minute or even 5 seconds!
                      There are people who use THV system, and even the creator of this system uses 1-Minute timeframe for scalping and it seems to work well for him.

PD.

Comment

Ya,i think all TF work the same if we understand how the market moves...

1 tick ,10 sec,1 min 5min or the rest..only different is the noise..

Different is also the frequency of the trade..

For scalping ,yes i think still favorite for majority.

rock

Comment

Any kind of time frame is possible to make money

But the smaller the time frame,the higher the skill level is required however the bigger the time frame the more buffer you need to have in your capital account.

Most successful traders will trade off the daily chart but that's because they have a lot of money and they can afford to just ride on the daily. But most small retailers resort to trading 5 min because they want fast profit.

1 advice that i can give to people is when you are trading on 5 minute you should look at the 30min chart as well,if they are both showing the same buy signal,it gives a greater credibility to taking the trade.

End of the day what you should be trying to do is not trading super frequently but only trading when the odds are lined up for you to make profit.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Forex made EZ? I cant use the programs that come with it. Wont work on 64bit.

Comment

I've been trading an M5/M15 system (the C4 scalping system), which has been profitable for a while. I don't know about Forex Made EZ.

Comment

The THV system thread is still very active in FF for many months, so I think scalping is still popular among traders

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X