Identification between trend reversal and retracement?

Hello friends,

Very often, I find myself confused while making a trading decision under this circumstance - After a good move, the price retraces upto certain level or let's say there's a pullback. Now, let's say under the present situation in the chart below (an example), what would be your decision?

http://i43.tinypic.com/moo5f.gif

How & why would you personally decide if you would close your long position and initiate a short or simply hold your long trade?

Thank you

Edited by sheetal

Or look Mcdady's (Macdbay) videos about price momentum :) .. he would say definitely UP UP UP (pullback) :D

Barbara

p.s. BTW this is not the place to enter the trade (your sell)

Edited by barbara

• 1 month later...
i urge you to please take a look at Bill McLaren's "Foundations for Success" (videos). I've watched a lot and i must say his videos are excellent regarding understanding of trends...

Hi radical,

Where could I find them? Because I often get confused & nervouse while entering in a retracement.

Anybody, could please provide some insights?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Sheetal,

I do not know if you have your answer to this question yet, But your question is quite genuine and does create quite a predicament in deciding to trade or not. How ever what I do is to use look at the same chart in two higher time frames and decide if it is a reversal or a retracement. i hope that helps.

Hi prashant_trader,

Would you please to share Michael Parson's CHANNEL SURFING?

Thanks in Advance,

Anton

you can go through Michael Parson's Channel surfing to arrive at a conclusion, as long as price is within the channel, it is

within the trend, and as soon as price has travelled above or below the channel, is indicating current trend is over.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...