Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identification between trend reversal and retracement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification between trend reversal and retracement?

Hello friends,

Very often, I find myself confused while making a trading decision under this circumstance - After a good move, the price retraces upto certain level or let's say there's a pullback. Now, let's say under the present situation in the chart below (an example), what would be your decision?

How & why would you personally decide if you would close your long position and initiate a short or simply hold your long trade?

Thank you
    Last edited by sheetal; 02-04-10, 18:10.

you can go through Michael Parson's Channel surfing to arrive at a conclusion, as long as price is within the channel, it is
    within the trend, and as soon as price has travelled above or below the channel, is indicating current trend is over.

Comment

Hi
      On top of prashant_trader comment, I might add bollinger band and use candlestick pattern (at key level or confluence)
      to judge whether the trend is over or reversing.

Comment

Or look Mcdady's (Macdbay) videos about price momentum .. he would say definitely UP UP UP (pullback)
        http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/4660-McDaddy-Trading-course-Price-Behavior?highlight=macdbay
        Barbara

p.s. BTW this is not the place to enter the trade (your sell)
        Last edited by barbara; 04-04-10, 09:01.

Comment

sometimes it is very hard to decide

Comment

i urge you to please take a look at Bill McLaren's "Foundations for Success" (videos). I've watched a lot and i must say his videos are excellent regarding understanding of trends...

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltour View Post
              i urge you to please take a look at Bill McLaren's "Foundations for Success" (videos). I've watched a lot and i must say his videos are excellent regarding understanding of trends...
              Hi radical,

Where could I find them? Because I often get confused & nervouse while entering in a retracement.

Anybody, could please provide some insights?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Sheetal,

I do not know if you have your answer to this question yet, But your question is quite genuine and does create quite a predicament in deciding to trade or not. How ever what I do is to use look at the same chart in two higher time frames and decide if it is a reversal or a retracement. i hope that helps.

Comment

Hi prashant_trader,

Would you please to share Michael Parson's CHANNEL SURFING?

Thanks in Advance,
                  Anton

Originally posted by prashant_trader View Post
                  you can go through Michael Parson's Channel surfing to arrive at a conclusion, as long as price is within the channel, it is
                  within the trend, and as soon as price has travelled above or below the channel, is indicating current trend is over.

Comment

This is where you would pull out your fib tool. I dont know how long you've been trading, but I would look at that chart straight away and go long providing one of the fib lines meets the pullback and dont forget money management if you were wrong!
                    :-)

Comment

If you're not sure, if it's a trend change or a retracement, why not wait for the 2nd entry signal in the new trend direction, and just skip the first trade?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      Working...
                      X