Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working together...

hi,

after two years of trying, buying and experimenting i think its time to change something.
    im sure there are a lot of people out there like me. people who spent a lot of time, money and effort in finding a really good forex trading robot.
    the idea is simple. why not work together? we have good traders here, we have good programmers here and we finally also have people here who are not really good traders neither good programmers but know how t manage such a project or have money to support us and maybe will have some good ideas.

i know, people in forex are most lone warriors. the problem is that you dont just need good programming skills or good trading skills to create a solid expert advisor.
    you will need both and a lot more.

why starting this topic here? well as a professional programmer im familiar with communities. i use them every day to share informations.
    on forex is this usually pretty hard, because most of this communities not really understand whats the meaning of a good community.
    i think this forum here is different and thats why im sure it could be possible here to build something different and awesome.

so if enough people would agree with me and would be ready for such a project, we maybe could get an own forum here on indo or we just can move to an own forum.
    first of all we would have several things to discuss and what could be better than a forum to do that

so let me know what you are thinking about this.

thank you,
    mike

Re: working together...

Hi Mike,

This seems like a good idea and I think that a new forum here on II will be best, it could be called something like "II Robot Development". The reason for keeping the development on II is simply because we have loads of members who'll be able to contribute ideas, code etc. from day 1, whereas starting a new forum will be hard work - recruiting the right people, keeping members, filtering out spam etc.

The key is to maintain focus on developing a single powerful EA.

I've noticed that there are plenty of threads here already where EA's have been created to test various manual trading systems. Lots of these contain great ideas and some great code, however as soon as difficulties are encountered, enthusiam wanes and everyone moves on to the "next best thing". If we can keep focus and concentrate jointly on tackling tricky problems then we could get a nicely profitable EA out of it

Comment

Hi Mike

Like everyone else, I am seeking the Holy Grail of Forex robots and, like most people on this and a gazillion other forums, I am a sucker for the latest greatest thng, whether and indicator such as FX Smooth or robots such as Stealpips, Brilliance etc. etc. etc.........

If we are to come up with a successful robot we need tostart from a successful investment principle of which there are many to choose from.

The first step here is to decide whether we want something that analyses the hell out of the market to churn out the highest probability trade of whether we go for more of a breakout strategy where we acknowledge that we haven't really got a clue which way the market is going to go but we can manage our way to a profit wichever way it goes.

Here, I declare myself to be sitting well and truly on the proverbial fence. Sometimes I do think that I have cracked it with an invincible combination of indicators but usually I then go and blow it or simply get bored and move onto somthing else. Along with breakout strategies I have also tried porfolio strategies with some success on demo accounts but also with scary levels of drawdown.

Assuming we can come to some conclusion on this, we then need to consider whether to go for a scalper, day trader or swng trader. Personally, I do believe that longer-term trades are probably more reliable and certainly the RR vs spread are much better but to be quite honest I don't think I have the patience and also you need such a wopping great account balance to trade on long timeframes because of the huge SLs you have to use.

So. My bet would be for a scalper, say, aiming for the M15 or M30 TF and going for an analytical rather than finger in the air breakout approach. My favourite indys of the moment are QQE and congruent signals from Kicker indy set to 81,35 and 15. However, I am also using a Slope Direction indy, NewTrend and GannHiLo, a 5/12 EMA crossover and one called ind_RSIColored .

What would be your best bet for the ultimate robot?

Comment

1st Post

Hey guys,

I'm all for this idea..... my thought on the best EA is one based solely on price action..... I really like trading Swing Bars as they are found on every TF and they are a very effective indicator of impending reversal.... Also, I believe this sort of thing would be relatively easy to code, but I'm not programmer so I can't be sure...

Bar A has LH and LL than Bar B
        Bar C also has LH and LL than Bar B
        Take position LONG/SHORT at Open of Bar D in the OPPOSITE direction of High of Bar B.....

Also, if you wanted to add a filter, say a Trend indicator that you could select a Higher TF for confirmation that you're trading in the trend direction, that would be fine as well.

Just thinking out loud here..... My .02.

But I like the idea of this developmental forum very much!

John

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        Working...
        X