Are there any real solid EA's out there?

Re: Are there any real solid EA's out there?

I have tested so many, and i always end up breaking even at best. I think the only ones which can make money are martingale types, if you withdraw the profits quick enough u make something before u blow yourself up. I am sure people develop excellent EA but they dont share them.

• 1 year later...
Guest goodboyfx
Yes, there are probably good ea's out there but takes a lot of efforts to find the unique ones. I suggest collective global team effort to research test and report results.

There are many good EA's out there. The problem is usually the following...

- Overtrading. Overtrading means using too large lots, using too large stoploss, accepting too large drawdown, etc. Simply, taking too big risk. Most EA's have been optimized for a specific currency pair and for the recent history, and they usually over-trades. This means that they can show great result for a while, but finally ends up with big losses.

- Static trading strategy. Manual trading involves lots of things that are impossible to transfer to a computer program, like guts feeling, general overview, etc. All EA's use simple and static rules and does not adapt to changes in the market. They just follow the rules, and it works well as long as the market behave as it has done before.

I have tested lots of different EA's during the years, and have also developed my own. And my conclusions is, that there's a big difference between backtesting, demo-trading and live-trading. Backtesting always performs best, especially when the settings have been optimized. Demo-trading performs better than live-trading because of better spread and faster / non-interrupted execution of orders. For this reason, it's pointless to rely upon performance presented by the companies behind the EA's.

There are few EA's that I still continue to use on live-accounts. EA's that I can recommend even though they overtrades and uses static strategy. One is Forex Hacked and another one is IndoRun. They both trades using grid-strategy and Martingale, trading strategies that many dislikes. And I agree that they can be very dangerous and wipe out the accounts if they are over-traded. But the key here is to only trade on GBPUSD and with small lots-sizes, and to accept large drawdowns.

I have Tested also thousands of them, and not many are profitable, but finally found a few good ones!

Martingale strategies can be a hit or miss, it all depends on Entry points, and how good is the strategy itself!

I can only suggest that if you search them for enough time you will find them eventually!

Well if you found a few good ones, out of of the goodness of your heart,and of course the sharing spirit,you could share just one consistant money maker,as I have been looking for for at least a year,and being an old age pensioner,time is not on my side,you will be rewarded in heaven,kind regards

Well if you found a few good ones, out of of the goodness of your heart,and of course the sharing spirit,you could share just one consistant money maker,as I have been looking for for at least a year,and being an old age pensioner,time is not on my side,you will be rewarded in heaven,kind regards

U can try cable_run 3.0 if you like grid trading. I've been searching many months for any EA, which can be profitable in long run, and after that time i just don't belive on indicator based EA's anymore. There was some good periods for example Wallstreet EA, performs very well last 2months, and today it wiped half that profit. It's just insane.

I think that only profitable EA's you can find here, are wise used (proper MM, small lots) grid/martingale EA's. Like cable run 3.0. Just watch lot size (0.1 for 1000deposit), and it can make 20-30% per month. There is always danger, that can wipe your account cause its grid, but at the moment i do not see any other way to be profitable in long run with EA trading.

Regards

PS. I don't know how to add attachment, but you can find cable_run v3.0 very easy here.

As you all know, I'm not high on EAs in general.

However "Growthbot" has been very good to me. So far it has turned my $5000 live account to $6448.91 in just a few weeks.

There are a couple "manual" things I have developed and recently implemented that seem to help and at the least fit my trading personality.

Before big news (in US session) like Non-Farm Payroll, I close any positions and disable the EA. A little while after the news, I reenable it. I do let the EA run undisturbed during the London session overnight as I sleep, regardless of news.

Secondly, if I get a large winner of over 100pips for a single .25 lot position or $500 for the total position (if multiple positions are open), I consider taking over manually and if I do, I exit on the break of a trendline. Bytheway, if you manually take over a trade, you must turn off the EA while you're manually managing it and after the trade is done, you must restart your MT4 platform and then reenable the EA.

Hope this gives some ideas to those who are interested...

Edited by Diesel 10

Hello all

I'm in this great job for a long time and all i can say is.you will never find any good e.a that will make you money for a long time.

Do you think some person will sell you gold,be real.

Beside don't be lazy and learn how to trade forex.the reason people are looking for e.a is,they think they can find the holy grail.forget it.forex is a job like any other job.no short cut.

bottom line is..don't be lazy .learn a good system and you will make money.

good luck

Beside don't be lazy and learn how to trade forex.the reason people are looking for e.a is,they think they can find the holy grail.forget it.forex is a job like any other job.no short cut.

bottom line is..don't be lazy .learn a good system and you will make money.

good luck

Do you recomend any manual system that is working for you?

Hi,

i will not start talking, but i think we all know that real Trading Software exists ....

BUT, no one can share such a Machine for all ....

You know, only a handfull people can earn money on longer periods with the same Expert Advisor !

For example, i have attached a usefull EA Test ....

And yes, real solid EA´s are existing !

Best Regards

blauhund2003

http://www.4shared.com/file/HGr_CXQm/FED_12-11.html?