What is the best TimeFrame to trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best TimeFrame to trade?

Well, most of the traders know that price changes with change in time. Hence, time is an important factor. There are several periods of time based on which analytical skills of traders can be applied in order to achieve maximum profits. There are many Time Frames, presented in most platforms offered by today`s brokers, so that the client is completely satisfied. The most popular forex trading platform is MT4 which offers the Time Frames below:

M1 | M5 | M15 | M30 | H1 | H4 | D1 | WK1 | MN1

Out of the periods mentioned above, M1 and M5 are mostly used by scalpers who want to always be active with some trade floating their equity. The M15 and M30 are preferred by short term traders who intend to make about 50-100 pips from each trade. The H1 and H4 are used by medium term traders who would project profits in 100-500 pips per trade. The D1, WK1 and MN1 are massive time frames mostly popular among big financial institutions and even some hedge funds and of course some long term traders out of a general audience.

I usually trade the M15 and M30 looking at H4 chart for the bigger trend.
    Feel free to comment your thoughts!

Re: What is the best TimeFrame to trade?

Hi,

The best timeframe to trade depend on individual trader.
    For myself, I only can trade using the D1 timeframe as it suit
    my lifestyle.

Find one that suit yourself & lifestyle & habit. Trading is all
    about 'winning' ourselves & becoming better, not against
    the market or anyone.

Just my 2nd cents of comment.

\m/

Comment

Originally posted by learningfx
      Hi,

The best timeframe to trade depend on individual trader.
      For myself, I only can trade using the D1 timeframe as it suit
      my lifestyle.

Find one that suit yourself & lifestyle & habit. Trading is all
      about 'winning' ourselves & becoming better, not against
      the market or anyone.

Just my 2nd cents of comment.

\m/

I like what learningfx said about it .. there is only one more thing I think determines your best TF, and that is actually your STRATEGY .. I can have my preferences about this and that TF, but when I find the strategy that intrigues me I adjust very fast to it any TF :">

Sorry if my English is

Barbara

Comment

I use 4hr and daily charts, but it is all up to the trader and the time that works for them

Comment

the best timeframe for ema I use is 4H, and it working great.

Comment

i use Daily for overall market direction and i use 15min for main analysis of the market and i use 3min to execute trades and as a trigger.
            i used 30min and 60min before but found them pretty much close to 15min for intra-day.

Comment

It depends on your trading style. I use 1h and 15m combination. 1h chart is used for knowing the direction of the trend and 15 to buy on retracements.

Comment

In my opinion it's better to trade with all time frames chart
                You can see a big view of price through bigger time frame.
                Through smaller time frame you can entry your trade with a smaller dherrawdown.
                They complete each other

Comment

analyse every thing as per your style & view in longer time frames, after that before pulling trigger watch lower time frames which is the right time to fire .

Comment

The best timeframe to trade is every trader's personal choice ;I trade mostly 5, 15 and 30 minutes charts!

Comment

For me H4 TF works as i can see some profits and price is more clear on that TF.

Comment

Depending on your trading style whether you swing,scalp or whatsoever ..im scalping on TF M5 with H1 combination..

Comment

a detatiled answer for this topic was found please check it,

please do not use other forum link .. cop pas here--K

Comment

I use M30 to get small pips and H1 for long trade and big pips

Comment

Depending with your margin; if you start with only less then $1000 better use small TimeFrame so your StopLoss is small too, example if you only have only $20 with leverage 1:1000 (Micro); and your system have StopLoss 30 Pips & you trade with GBP/USD better you use m1 TimeFrame so the StopLoss 30 Pips is hard to get hit, BUT if your margin si more then $1 Million, better use TimeFrame Daily & use Leverage max 1:10 (Ideal 1:2). This is just My Opinion.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X