Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most Suitable Margin Level for Stop Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most Suitable Margin Level for Stop Out?

I have used more than a dozen brokers. Some of them handle margin calls when the Equity <= 5%, 10%, 25%, 50% and 100% of the margin used per trade. Some other brokers permit the Equity to go as low as 1% of the whole account!.

I prefer the latter for some scalping trades and a 100% Maintenance Margin requirement for some trades that forcibly requires discipline. But the funny thing is that, i have always been doing extremely well only with 100% MM for an MC. All other cases tempt me to stay in the open position and as we know that the market does not favor the word "Hope".

But i would love to have a 1% MM for MC so that it`s very flexible and i simply have to calculate how much margin is required to open 0.01 lot and multiply it with how many lots i intend to trade and then multiply it with the percentage i like to set my MC at... This is almost like a Mental Stop-Loss.

So, what would you like to have as the most comfortable Maintenance Margin for a Margin Call? Feel Free to post your opinion and project your ideas!.

Re: What is the most Suitable Margin Level for Stop Out?

I only risk about 1-2% of my account on any given trade... forex is littered with brokers who will over-leverage and trade against their customers. It's sick...

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
    Working...
    X