Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I avoid memory overload on VPS MT4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I avoid memory overload on VPS MT4?

I have two VPS, each one with 1GB of RAM.

Having 3 broker MT4 accounts on each, each account with several EAs, as it gets data for the charts, (you can see how much it has downloaded down on the right), it also builds up the RAM of the VPS.

I have no problem for a whole week, but more than that and it reaches the limit and the VPS stops working, I have to restart it.

What I usually do is, I close the MT4 programs and reopen them. (That clears them from the RAM and restarts them freshly from start)

Does anyone know any other solution besides that, like auto-clearing or limiting the portion of RAM used for each MT4. I don't mind restarting them every week, but it would be much easier and better, in case I couldn't.

Re: How do I avoid memory overload on VPS MT4?

I am afraid there is no shortcut to this. EAs using multiple complex indicators, often consume massive RAM.

When you re-start the Platform, it starts afresh, but as the indicators keep loading in the RAM history builds, it eventually fills up.

one solution could be that you manage the no. of bars in the chart to the minimum in the options of MT4

Comment

Hello dinj,

A good solution is to restart your VPS every day or every other day (or whenever you want).

You can find in the link bellow a good tutorial on how to set up a VPS:

hxxp://ckowyong.c0m/blog/?page_id=20
      http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewto...=3388&start=60

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by gringoh
        Hello dinj,

A good solution is to restart your VPS every day or every other day (or whenever you want).

You can find in the link bellow a good tutorial on how to set up a VPS:

hxxp://ckowyong.c0m/blog/?page_id=20
        http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewto...=3388&start=60

Regards,
        That sounds like a good idea. But, I tried it, I did all the steps, tested it but after it restarts automatically it doesn't really login until I login through the console.

The extra lines added to the registry, together with my password should auto-start/login, but in fact it only logs in (after a restart) when i log in through the console.
        Has anyone bypassed this problem?

About the limiting the number of bars shown, i'm not sure of how much to keep.

Comment

For the number of bars, you need to ask the EA programmers and the indicators programmers how many bars the indi / ea uses. Normally 65,000 bars is more than enough.

Another point to look for is to optimize your windows installation. Erase and deactivate all those unnecessary (e.g. aero on Seven) services / daemons. They are not programs. They are services. They run behind the screen and eat up the memory.

If you are using win Vista, change to XP or Seven. Vista is a failed product. One optimized Windows XP / Win 7 would start in only 10 seconds. How long your windows (windows only) starts? Just google "windows optimization".

Another thing you could do, is to enlarge the virtual memory in Windows. You could start with 5Gb. Virtual memory is slower, but it prevents the hang.

If everything else fails then you could always increase the memory.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          Working...
          X