Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% mechanical systems

hey,

I want to know if here the traders are discrecionary(i think the most common) with good system that has good success ratio but needs some descrecionary from the traders to be sucefull and those traders that made 100% mechanical trading systems and they just follow the rules without denying anything and they are super consistencem any trader following the rules would have success, i know a trader that have a trend following system that he tells me the system is 100% mechanical with good consistence, there are some traders that use that type of systems like Bill Dunn, Salem Abraham, John Henry, Jim Simmons, Tudor Jones etc, they have mechanical system and dont change any parameter and they suceful and consistence by following the rules.

My question is if there is any trader here that trade like this too or if know other traders like this.

regards

Re: 100% mechanical systems

I know a few traders who've used such a system on 100% base with good consistency, but they all have a life of a year or perhaps even less, but some were shown on this weeks seminar, one of the presenters at the online traders group specializes in making them, backtesting & trading on them, give a search on google on Brendon & Greg

Comment

You can not win the market, and all markets and all time frames, by using a single system.
      And if there is a system like that, then the most success part of it would be the risk management of it and not the technical rule. But such a GOOD risk management system could win alone, without the technical part, or could win by using different technical part. That is my opinion, after years and years of trading.

Comment

I know some big guy from england he is only trading mechinical, he uses strande time frames 3m, 9min, 27min,3 hours, 9h, 27h, same combination with days it didnt find out yet why he uses that timeframes.

Comment

I've used quite a few automated systems. Most of them suck, and the ones that work have all failed after a limited period of time. Discretionary trading has been too difficult for me. I use a "rules based" strategy now...

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          Working...
          X