Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What MACD and Stoch trading strategy do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MACD and Stoch trading strategy do you use?

Hey everyone,

I have been trying out quite a few systems reciently, but i keep on reading that all you need to trade are macd and stoch indicators. So can you share how do you trade with these? Sorry for this noob question, but i read on the internet how to do it, but its just not enough information for me. Would be extremely helpful if you could post you indicator versions as well, or even your templates. If im not asking too much

Thank you!!

Regards

Re: What MACD and Stoch trading strategy do you use?

Hi kavalius

MACD & Stoch are indicators that trader using for the platform.
    They are all the same except different setting & how they use it for
    entry & exit.

My advise to you is to know what timeframe and style of strategy that you like,
    for example, scalping, intraday trade or etc. Then look for one strategy
    that suit your style. There are many strategy on this forum that you can
    get.

For me, I like day timeframe strategy, so I only trade using the daily timeframe,
    other might use hourly or 4hr timeframe. What work on one does might not work
    on other, so find your niche.

Comment

Hi..

I use MACD to identify the trend only. Put MACD in Lower Time Frame M5 and in my working Time Frame at M30. I'm not using MACD in Higher Time Frame above H1. I prefer using EMA 10, EMA 20 and EMA 50 to identify daily trend.
      For the Entry and exit, I use channel MA at EMA 20 High and EMA 20 Low and trigger at EMA 5.

Stochastic is quite frustating if use at its overbought and oversold signal. Regarding some videos and Ebooks, Stochastic is best for identify the divergence. Avoid to use it directly as entry and exit at its overbought oversold value. But I don't use Stochastic for my setup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
      Adrian

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply, found your answers very helpfull!
        So ok, normaly i like to trade daily, meaning that i close all of my trades before I go to sleep. I keep my eye closely on the charts during the news, because that can change the direction instantly. Also I like using M30. So what settings for macd should I use and what would be the best entry and exit strategy for such trading?

As I understand, macd is not enough to get full entry signal, so what else should I use?

Merry Christmas traders!!
        Have a good one

Comment

I like to use 2 time frames with MACD and Bollinger Band on both.

When both TF (say 30m and 240m) have MACD in the same position/direction, and lower TF has price near BB top or bottom, you're then looking for a trigger, such as a bar reversal pattern or candle pattern. Exit when price touches opposite BB. MACD are good for assessing trend but BB is great for judging volatility and oversold/bought.

Comment

i use stoch as a support resistance indicator. using only overbought and oversold area 80 and 20.

Comment

Just iMo:

For Trade H1 & H4 use MACD 21,168,8

& Stichastic (35,3,7 ) for MT.4, for other used 35,7,3

Regards;

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              Working...
              X