The Collective FX

mikemast77

Re: The Collective FX

Other brokers with very narrow spreads often have very large differences which are apparent after establishing a live account and then comparing the live data action to the demo- the demo with this broker did so poorly for Grail2 EA (a scalper), I am now not sure if this would reflect the real world or if the data is utterly incompatible with this EA... the demo on other low spread brokers had great results, but did poorly live so far :-/

• 3 months later...

The monthly fee is very low...but depends on your trading style and activity.

It's not a moneymaker for The Collective, just to keep costs in check.

Advantage: new huge liquidity provider, best low spreads in the business, no messing with EAs and play other broker games.

i am happy with jade. If I do not trade i dont pay anything. Collective may be interesting for they entry level with low monthly cost. But they are not available right now. It always depends how much you trade. Maybe a professional trader can afford those monthly costs as it will them cost always less than elswhere.

When I calculated how much I have paid to GoM because of the spread difference it appearce to be more than the monthly fee for CFX. Spread is much lower and price feed looks pure and unfiltered.

Othere issue I found is that EA that show good performance as MD are not trading in the same way as in GoM, they trade less for some reasons.

Cheers

SCAM brokerage ! beware!

I'm using agressive scalp manuall strategy was on there, they kept cut my trades, and charge huge fees monthly, they said coz my trading volume activity, but then they called me to find another brokerge coz they aren't make much money from my trading activity, SUCK ! GARY SLINGO, HEEJA HAN ALL SUCK !

the server is always freezing, but they claim dirrect to the bank.

if u want to lose ur money fast, trade there ! They will collect ur money fast ! I'm done with them !

• 4 months later...

spread increase

I dont know what happened but today the spread on EUR/CHF increased from approximately 2 pips to more then 5 Pips its been like this for the past 8 hours Alpari-US spread is 2.5 on this pair with no commisions,

I hope this is not the beginning of the end of CollectiveFx.

Any other traders out here who are member that have good success with this broker? Could anybody compare this broker in terms of overall performance for any type of trading styles to other well known establish brokers other than the ones mentioned above on the first post. I don't mind paying monthly subscription fees as long as the broker provides quality, honest consistent value and service. Thanks for any inputs for those who have good and bad experiences. Please provide unbiased opinions. Take care!! :-bd

Re: spread increase

I dont know what happened but today the spread on EUR/CHF increased from approximately 2 pips to more then 5 Pips its been like this for the past 8 hours Alpari-US spread is 2.5 on this pair with no commisions,

The reason for this is sent as an email in the MT4 application, read there.

I had a live account, closed it, and got all my money back within 24 hours. There was just a small transfer fee from their bank, $10 or $20 dollars (its been awhile). I did not find any dishonesty.

Their customer service responds fast but usually "grouchy" or "annoyed". They are probably a good deal for large accounts, but I found the monthly fee high for trading micro-lots, I told them I would prefer to just pay a commission. But, they said they did not have the technology to charge commissions, and they had no desire to make the system more "fair", for those people who only do a few trades per month. I did not find their services to be any better than Jade or ATC, many times their spreads were higher (when they are supposed to be "at cost"). So, besides the monthly fee, they also make a (small) profit off you with the spreads. I believe that's called "double-dipping". I mentioned that to them and their response was "Take it or leave it, we don't really care". #:-S

Their service is OK (if expensive), but they make it clear that you are just an "inconvenience to be tolerated", and NOT a "treasured customer".

No one here that use them with real accounts ?

Re: spread increase

I am with Alpari UK and I am heavily trading the EURCHF pair. I applied the spreadometer indi to live and demo account and I can tell that at Alpari UK the spread of the live account is up to 100% higher than the demo account, this means that I have recent Alpari logs with more than 5pips spread for EURCHF on my live account. If you read forexpeacearmy comments about Alpari US, it seems that there is the same problem. Up to now I didn't succeed to sign up with CFX. Meanwhile I am working with beamfx. They have been once founded similar to CFX.

I used CollectiveFX for a few months last year. Bottom line is their spread was no better than what I could get from MB Trading, plus I was having to pay a monthly fee. I also experienced spikes in spread from time to time. They have had al least three liquidity providers in the last 18 months. Not worth the cost in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
Ive been demoing these guys, but dont know if I trust them with real money. Is anyone here using them with a cash account?

Hardly - one of the founders is a disbarred director in UK and has been a director and company secretary of numerous dissolved comapnies - make your own mind up!

Edited by FXqueer
spelling