Refined Elliot Trade

firma

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just load a chart up Ravi, then choose in the dropdown window at the far right, an appropriate powerpack with a 2007 date (WECS indicator only works with 2007 powerpacks). Then click INDICATORS from top menu, then MANAGE, then ADD NEW, then select WAVE END CONFIRMATION SIGNALS and OK, Then OK again on next window, then finally OK again on the "Manage indicators" window. WECS indicator should appear at bottom of chart.

Cheers

Shawn

shawn i am all done but nothing more than line appear rather then wecs signal.....which powerpack and how it will define in my pc or in software please define....and help me to load indicator please

Ravi, I had the same problem when I first tried it - "Where is the WECS indicator?", I wondered. In the right-most dropdown window up

top, you MUST specify a powerpack that has "2007" in it... else the WECS indi won't display.

In your installation folder ("C:Program Files\Refined Elliott Trader"), there should be files named LT.000 through LT.020. These are the

powerpack files.

Shawn

FFRt,

did you choose for "Load Options": "Load all" ?

Metastock 8 is ok.

Sixer

Yes, but it does not search native drive to look metastock directory, nor does it allow to add folder manually....i think, as usual, am ignoring some basic :(

Ravi, I had the same problem when I first tried it - "Where is the WECS indicator?", I wondered. In the right-most dropdown window up

top, you MUST specify a powerpack that has "2007" in it... else the WECS indi won't display.

In your installation folder ("C:Program Files\Refined Elliott Trader"), there should be files named LT.000 through LT.020. These are the

powerpack files.

Shawn

in upper right case top right no powerpack symbol shown but both LT.000 through LT.020 file found in ;):\Program Files (x86)\Refined Elliott Trader\LT000-020

powerpack files.

Shawn

and also new error coming image here h**ps%3A//www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500652325558

Ravi, I can't view that screenshot of the error - it just goes to main photoshop site. Anyway, I think you should do a full UNinstall of whatever version of RET you have there. It's ONLY Candyman's version from post #67 of this thread that will show the WECS indicator.

After that new installation I think you will still be missing powerpack file LT.001, so download it here and copy it over to the RET installation folder:

https://anonfile.com/d6rdNedbb1/LT001.rar

Cheers

Shawn

I've just been looking at it briefly on US stocks daily charts, and I find that it might act quite nicely as a confirming indicator. I wouldn't trade it all by itself, of course. I need to look at it more closely, but currently I'm busy on something else.

Cheers

Shawn

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions:

Question 1:

Once I open RET, I get an "Unexpected error; quitting" error :

k1LDtEq.png

After clicking the "OK" button of this error, RET fortunately doesn't quit. :)

The program looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/rr7lL

If I open a pre-installed sample chart, for example, AAPL (year 1995 - 2000), and then start an Elliott Wave analysis, it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/3nFwR

I guess everything looks and works normally, despite the UE error that pops up when I start RET, right? :) Could anyone confirm?

And did anyone else get this error?

Btw, I changed my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system to English + United States just to run RET, otherwise the program tells you to do that when you start the program.

--

Question 2:

Where do I get Forex data for RET?

You guys mentioned that MetaStock data is compatible with RET - does that mean that you guys all pay for MetaStock data? Or is there a pirate data server somewhere? Or can I download MetaStock data for free somewhere? :)

If I can't get Forex data for free for RET, I'm happy with any data (futures, stocks, commodities) because that would still allow me to practice Elliott Wave counting with the help of RET.

---

Info about my RET version:

RET 1.7.11 by candyman (RETV1711FULL.exe)

-patched using patch.exe

-all 21 LT files (LT000 - LT020) are in the RET folder as suggested by shawnh and others in this thread

Info about my system:

-changed my region & language settings to English / United States (required by RET)

-Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

-16 GB Ram, i7 CPU

-GeForce Graphics card

Edited by yandaPaur

Hi yandaPaur, would you be able to open the ABOUT window (HELP | ABOUT) and post a screenshot of that? Something doesn't seem right with your installation. Your first screenshot shows you selected and used the "General Stocks" powerpack from the dropdown list at the upper right. I have all the powerpacks installed, and I don't have that one. The one I use (in order to get the WECS indicator to appear) is "USA Stocks 2007 (Large Cap)".

Also, I never experienced that error window you get on startup.

And also, you said "Btw, I changed my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system to English + United States just to run RET, otherwise the program tells you to do that when you start the program". I installed mine on XP, it never gave me any warning about what OS to install on.

Shawn

use exporthistory indi for mt4

it will update (not realtime) at any interval you wish

Thank you for the hint and coding the patch for RET, candyman. :)

I found the exporthistory indicator thread by hanover on FF:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=3106841#post3106841

His indicator outputs forex data to a .csv file. In his post, he posts the indicator for the first time - and also a sample data file (GBPCHF,D1.csv).

I put hanover's sample file (GBPCHF,D1.csv) into the "Samples" folder of RET. I noticed that it's the only .csv file, as all the other pre-installed RET sample data files have the *.its file ending.

I then tried to load hanover's GBPCHF,D1.csv file from within RET, but I can't be opened:

When choosing "Files Only" as "Server", GBPCHF doesn't appear in the list of securities/instruments:

https://i.imgur.com/QCHsVzL.png

And when I choose "Yahoo CSV" as "Server" ( https://i.imgur.com/PjV3Edh.png ) and point to the .csv file and try to open it, an error message appears which says:

"Cannot convert string 09-30-2009 into date using specified format:

yyyymmdd"

And after clicking "OK", another error:

SRbrLSB.png

https://i.imgur.com/EBAP7H9.png

Would it be possible for you or anyone else reading this to tell me how to get that .csv file to work with RET? :) Or generally how to get MT4 to work with RET, using exporthistory ?

Would I have to change hanover's exporthistory indicator to use a different date format than yyyymmdd for it to work with RET?

Hi yandaPaur, would you be able to open the ABOUT window (HELP | ABOUT) and post a screenshot of that? Something doesn't seem right with your installation. Your first screenshot shows you selected and used the "General Stocks" powerpack from the dropdown list at the upper right. I have all the powerpacks installed, and I don't have that one. The one I use (in order to get the WECS indicator to appear) is "USA Stocks 2007 (Large Cap)".

Also, I never experienced that error window you get on startup.

And also, you said "Btw, I changed my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system to English + United States just to run RET, otherwise the program tells you to do that when you start the program". I installed mine on XP, it never gave me any warning about what OS to install on.

Shawn

Thank you for trying to help, shawnh, here's the screenshot of the "About" window:

https://i.imgur.com/ha6OpBO.png

Since you guys said WECS isn't really useful and I'm still dealing with the basic RET functions (e.g. organizing forex data to use with RET :) ), having WECS work is low priority. I just want to make sure my installation is ok. I used candyman's upload link of RET, btw:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/4304-Refined-Elliot-Trade?p=443178&viewfull=1#post443178

Btw: as mentioned, that OS language error doesn't appear anymore after changing my system region & language settings to English / USA. It's only the Unexpected Error now.

Edited by yandaPaur

Yanda, okay I guess your setup/installation is alright then. I uploaded a file with some stuff for you to help you out - some screenshots of various settings and a little MT4 thing I doctored up for myself for outputting data for RET use.

http://anonfile.com/Fdg3b2e2b9/screenshots.rar

For importing data files into RET, I think they have to have a PRN file extension. Add the "Outputdata" indicator to your MT4 and then slap it on any chart you want (intraday, daily, etc). It will export data files with a PRN file extension. It always writes them to the MQL4/Files folder of your MetaTrader installation - this can't be changed I don't think. Take a look at screenshots metatrader1.png and metatrader2.png for the settings for this indicator.

For setting up your RET to import these files, use the settings on screenshot RET1.png. Then click the "Define ASCII" button there and use the settings shown on RET2.png.

If you want end of day stock data to play around with (instead of forex), just download the very good and free YLOADER from www.yloader.com. Use the config settings in it as shown in yloader.png.

Finally, I like to have the RET elliott wave analysis look like I have in screenshot RET3.png. To get that, just make sure the two buttons I have encircled in green are depressed.

Cheers

Shawn

hey shawnh,

Thank you so much for helping out and putting together these instructions and the package!! And of course organizing this marvelous piece of software with candyman.

It's really unbelievable how everyone is helping one another in this thread.

have a great evening :),

yp