New coding and programming subforum section

scarface

Pro Indicators

Hello friends this is checkmail and was interested after looking the Pro indicators which are mostly for tradestation but few also available for mt4.

If expert coders could create similar indicators to that of the pro indicators it would 90% resolve all erros of lagging, repainting, fake signals, multiple filters.

Anybody gone give little efforts to this indicator codings.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
OK, new to forum. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in making the Karl Dittman superscalper indicator into an EA. Very simple, I guess for someone that can code and impossible for someone like me without the knowledge. It would be buy when it turns blue and close and reverse to sell when it turns yellow. I'm sure there will be a better way to exit trades but just want to try this first. It seems to work well on the 4H time frame with a hand full of pairs. Just PM me and I will supply the indicator if interested. Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, since this a a coding/programming subforum intended to teach programming skills..... and since it seems every post in recent history is missing the point.....let me bring the focus back to the original topic with a very useable question.

Let's say you have purchased an EA that gives great signals, but often allows the market to fall back to a loss. it already has a built-in trailing logic that works great over the long term, but you want to try and kill some of the losses by adding a breakeven setting to it. How would a person go about adding a simple breakeven function to this commercial EA, that would allow them to set when the BE triggers and how far it will move the BE into profit?

Someone can easily select a random decompiled EA from the forum and display the EA before and after the code has been added. i believe at least a few new coders (me included) would find information like this to be useful as it would demonstrate how to incorporate entirely new functions into an EA without having to code the EA from the ground up with the function planned from the beginning.

Without having the source code you're some what limited and even if you have a decompiled version the variable names are usually messed up which makes things hard (though not impossible). Adding BE code would just require you to place a 'CheckBE' function in the logical flow of the code. Of course you'd need to write your own function or you can simply clone/rip/steal one from the millions of EA's that use them.

Another alternative for those who don't have the source is to just have another chart of the same pair running with your own EA that uses the same magic numbers and looks to check BE. Depending on how the real EA is coded you may be able to do it ok or find you have massive problems.

Probably not the 'cut and paste' simple answer you were looking for but hopefully it's food for thought and will give you some ideas to solve your problem.

Good luck

L

Nope, it didn't really help any at all. I already use trailing EAs to add functions. You can't put the system to the test without setting up a demo account and spending months or years waiting for the data. So therefore, the trailing EAs are worthless to test new concepts.

My point is, it would be useful to know how to add an extra function that was entirely independent form the original EA to test different concepts. It would seem to be incredibly useful to have a piece of code that you liked for setting a BE (as an example), that you could paste it into the EA and add the necessary call in somewhere to initialize it without having to sort through hundreds of lines of code to integrate it. Or even set it up as a script and put in an external call to execute it from the EA.

It seems to me that this should be possible, but I don't know enough about mq4 to know what is possible and what isn't yet. That is why i posted the question. Seems like this would be something fairly simple for a good coder to demonstrate with a real life example. For all that it matters, someone could even use the mt4 MACD EA as their base for the example, since everyone has access to that code.

I am just trying to get this programming thread going with some programming schooling. Nobody has offered up any useful information about coding yet. I have given an example of a concept that i would like to understand. So, if nobody wants to tackle this concept, then please, at least start somewhere.

• 3 months later...

And what was the purpose of creating this topic? If the trader has tested the idea by hand, which shows a positive result, then ordered the program from an unknown developer is very risky. I think the most ideal option, use the service Jobs, which represents, just as the company MetaQuotes for its users. Fraudsters in this scheme is eliminated.

Jobs: http://mql5.com/870

• 11 months later...

hi, not sure if am at the wright place to post my question, but i go, is there any other ways to write this expression in working mql4 code, i try to explain my strategy without taking 100 page to explain only one parameter in my ea. So the expression is: (serve to analyse the 104 last order closed) want to do the same for the last 103,102,101, ... and 4 last orders closed) expression =

(A*B*C*D*E*F*G*H*I*J*K*L*M*N*O*P*Q*R*S*T*U*V*W*X*Y*Z*A1*B1*C1*D1*E1*F1*G1*H1*I1*J1*K1*L1*M1*N1*O1*P1*Q1*R1*S1*T1*U1*V1*W1*X1*Y1*Z1*A2*B2*C2*D2*E2*F2*G2*H2*I2*J2*K2*L2*M2*N2*O2*P2*Q2*R2*S2*T2*U2*V2*W2*X2*Y2*Z2*A3*B3*C3*D3*E3*F3*G3*H3*I3*J3*K3*L3*M3*N3*O3*P3*Q3*R3*S3*T3*U3*V3*W3*X3*Y3*Z3) >0 && (A+B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I+J+K+L+M+N+O+P+Q+R+S+T+U+V+W+X+Y+Z+A1+B1+C1+D1*E1+F1+G1+H1+I1+J1+K1+L1+M1+N1+O1+P1+Q1+R1+S1+T1+U1+V1+W1+X1+Y1+Z1+A2+B2+C2+D2+E2+F2+G2+H2+I2+J2+K2+L2+M2+N2+O2+P2+Q2+R2+S2+T2+U2+V2+W2+X2+Y2+Z2+A3+B3+C3+D3+E3+F3+G3+H3+I3+J3+K3+L3+M3+N3+O3+P3+Q3+R3+S3+T3+U3+V3+W3+X3+Y3+Z3)>0

if 2 expression = false (mean do x thing)

if 2 expression = true (mean do y thing)

so i want to add 100 time this kind of expression in my ea just to check the current level reach.

Thanx in advance.

• 1 year later...

EA coding Required for my Indicators

Can someone code for me 3 different EAs?

1 based on Breakout with some filters

2nd based on Indicator and 3rd one also based on Indicator.

I personally am satisfied with three types because I have used so many systems since few years but these 3 are really accurate.

Hope someone can reply so that I can attach Indicators here or send to that Coder.

Can someone code for me 3 different EAs?

1 based on Breakout with some filters

2nd based on Indicator and 3rd one also based on Indicator.

I personally am satisfied with three types because I have used so many systems since few years but these 3 are really accurate.

Hope someone can reply so that I can attach Indicators here or send to that Coder.

Please post them.

Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for your response. Can you please create EA based on these indicators? Forex Pips Striker v.2 should separate EA

Download link http://www.4shared.com/file/1omr8uBb/Forex_Pips_Striker_v2.html?

while BrainTrend2_all_in_one should have separate EA. download link http://www.4shared.com/file/cEwwHRS/BrainTrend2_all_in_one.html?

Just EA should follow Indicator's signal with current candle for current pair and current time frame.

If possible add EMA 200 as optional filter which can be enable and disable manually, the filter should be something like this when Indicator gives signal and the price will close above ema 200 then ea should open buy trade so for sell is the same logic. Please add trailing stop abilities with breakeven etc.

I want you to add the following features if possible:

If there is anything to ask regarding the logic etc which is just simple following indicators but still ask me please if there is anything and the features are as follows:

extern bool SignalOnly = false,

UseClosedCandle=true,

ShowArrows=true,

AlertOn=false,

EmailOn=false;

extern string mm = "Money Management settings - Percent Risk";

extern bool UseMM = true;

extern double Risk = 1.0,

NoMMLots = 0.01;

extern bool UseBasketProfit = false;

extern double BasketProfit = 5;

extern bool UseEquityPctClose = false;

extern double EquityPct = 2.0;

extern bool UseAutoGMTOffset = true;

extern int ManualGMTOffset = 2;

extern string i1 = " EA settings";

extern int SignalPeriod = 30;

extern int NR_SLIPE = 3;

extern double FilterNumber = 3.0;

extern string g0 = "Misc settings";

extern bool Martingale=false;

extern double LotMultiplier=2.0;

extern int MaxTrades = 10;

extern int MaxSpread = 15,

Slippage = 3;

extern bool CloseOppositeTrades = true;

extern string s1 = "SL Options";

extern bool UseStdSL = true;

//UseHiddenSL = false;

extern int StopLoss = 50;

extern bool UseSRStopLoss = false;

extern int SLPipDiff = 1;

extern bool AddSpread = true;

extern string t1 = "TP Options";

extern bool UseStdTP = false,

//UseHiddenTP = false,

UseScaleOutTP = false;

extern int TakeProfit = 50;

extern double CloseTPPercent = 50;

extern string b1 = "BE Options";

extern bool UseStdBE = false;

extern double BreakEvenPips = 20;

extern int LockInPips = 2;

extern bool BE_AfterTP1 = false;

extern string t0 = "Trail Stop settings";

extern bool UseTrailingStop = false;

extern int TrailStart = 40,

TrailStop = 10;

extern bool UseSRTrailStop = false,

UsePercentTS = false;

extern double TSPercent = 30.0;

extern int TSPercentStartPips = 20;

extern bool UsePSARTrail = true;

extern double PSAR_Step = 0.005,

PSAR_Max = 0.05;

extern bool MoveSL_TP = false;

extern int TP_DistancePips = 10,

MovePips = 10;

extern bool UseCandleTrail = false;

extern int TrailCandlesBack = 3,

StartCTPips = 20;

extern string Info9 = "News Filter Setup";

extern bool UseTSDNewsFilter = false; //Switches News Filter on/off

extern bool High_Impact=true;

extern int MinsUntilNextHighNews=90;

extern int MinsSincePrevHighNews=90;

extern bool Medium_Impact=true;

extern int MinsUntilNextMediumNews=90;

extern int MinsSincePrevMediumNews=90;

extern bool Low_Impact=false;

extern int MinsUntilNextLowNews=60;

extern int MinsSincePrevLowNews=60;

extern string Info10 = "News Currency Filter"; //Select the Currency which News should be filtered

extern bool USD = true;

extern bool EUR = false;

extern bool GBP = true;

extern bool JPY = false;

extern bool AUD = false;

extern bool CAD = false;

extern bool CHF = false;

extern bool NZD = false;

extern int TSD_CalendarID = 4; // TSD News Calendar ID reference on the TSD Homepage

extern string TSD_Calendar_URL = "http://calendar.forex-tsd.com/calendar.php?csv=1&date=";

extern bool UseFFNewsFilter = false;

extern int MinsBeforeNews = 60;

extern int MinsAfterNews = 30;

extern int NewsImpact = 3;

extern bool UseHourTrade1 = false;

extern int FromHourTrade1 = 6,

ToHourTrade1 = 18;

extern bool UseHourTrade2 = false;

extern int FromHourTrade2 = 6,

ToHourTrade2 = 18;

extern color ArrowsUpColor = Green,

ArrowsDnColor = Red;