Excel MT4 analyzer for indo-investasi members

Dear indo-investasi members,

Please find my little contribution to Indo-Investasi,

As I don't know how to program EAs I tried to find something useful to share with you.

Here is my MT4 Detailed Statement analyzer. You won’t find it anywhere else.

It has been developed in Excel 2007 and use macro.

If you encounter any difficulties to run the macro please check your macro security.

How to use this tool?

Just save your MT4 Detailed Statement on your computer and run the macro. That’s it.

Why this tool?

I am a new member of Indo-Investasi since September and a forex trader since 5 years. When I joined this forum I spend at least 2 weeks to read the entire thread of the EAs I was interested in.

I found some very interesting EAs and setting from different members. But I also found very difficult to compare the different setting from each members, and to analyze their results, as some have a broker with GMT + 2 some -5… some gives all their settings, some not…

So I made a spreadsheet with the different information’s I have collected, in order to make it easier for me to compare your results, with mine and to find the best setting. As I don’t know for the moment how to develop, hack, and educate EA’s here is my contribution. (If some of you have some, how to develop, how to hack and educate EA’s I’ll be interest to begin to learn).

It’s such a pleasure to see the work some of your guys are doing that I try to help with my ability.

I don’t forget Mister reza_oscar who test this spreadsheet for me and give me some ideas for this project.

I hope it will help some of you.

If you have any comments, any functionality, any feedback, you are welcome…

I will update this tool from time to time with your suggestions.

PS: Note for the moderator, I don’t know where to post this tool, so sorry if it’s not the good place for this message.

Regards,

Gringoh

:)

New link September 2010

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewsh6jx2i3tw9

Edited by gringoh

Re: Excel MT4 analyzer for indo-investasi members

:shand: gringoh would u be able to do the same with open office as it has all the feature of office 2007 & all the members who only have office 2003 will be able to download open office as it is a FREE PROGRAM could u please explore ^:)^

Dear gringoh, thank you for spending efforts to develop this analyze tool workbook =D>

But please forgive me for not so sure how to use it properly :">

Quote:

“How to use this tool?

Just save your MT4 Detailed Statement on your computer and run the macro. That’s it.”

Where should I save the detail statement, in what folder in the computer? And using what file name (for the detail statement) to be recognized by macro in tool? Should I copy and paste manually into the blank detail statement workbook?

If I’m not asking too much, such tool u create would be much useful for newbie like me if provided with manual operating instruction. [-O<

And for those still using Microsoft Office 2003 version, I have uploaded an add-on software called file format converters to be able to read/run Ms Office 2007 version files perfectly. Hope you find it useful.

http://[email protected]/file/139320951/217c28f1/FileFormatConverters.html

@asp1r3

Dear asp1r3,

Just open your MetaTrader, then open your Terminal (ctrl + T), go in your account history tab and click with the right button of your mouse and select “save as Detailed Report”.

Save it on your computer with the name you want and then just open the Excel spreadsheet follow the instructions and when asked select this file. And that’s it.

;)

Hello,

Some of you have requested an Open Office version of my Excel MT4 analyzer.

So this morning I have installed Open Office for the first time. (Look quite interesting, I’ll keep it just in case with Excel). Unfortunately, I have encountered some difficulties, and I failed in this project.

I have 2 problems:

- the actual version of Open Office 3.1 had a problem with the “dsum” formula

- VBA code doesn’t work with Open Office

Whatever please find a version which should work under Excel 2003. Please note that you could have a problem with the weekly analysis as Excel 2003 wasn’t using the formula “no.week” . You might have to active the “analysis tool” in the menu “tool”, “complementary macro”.

I have developed the original spreadsheet under Excel 2007, and it’s optimized on this version (for the functionality and the file size). In my next development I will take in consideration the compatibility problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmzhh55ymrm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmzhh55ymrm/_MT4 Analyzer.xls

I hope somebody can help us with those issues.

Regards,

Gringoh

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

You can have a look at trade log also from Forex****Smart****Tools.

But it need a crack also, here the thread:

This Excel spreadsheet is my development and is free. Ok it is not the perfect MT4 report but it has been useful for me when I was using EA.

Nowadays I am trading manually and I still use this spreadsheet to have some reports, I have just deleted everything about the EA's.

Cheers,

• 4 months later...