Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Re: Is there a profitable strategy for Forex ?

Almost all trading strategy/systems are profitable at some point of time ..but there is no system that is profitable ALL the time !!!

Markets always changing ...so successful trader also changes all the time

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

i think you have to do trial and error for popular trading system, and find one that suits you well.
    theres no holy grail in trading.

success for us all....

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks

I have been trading for over a decade. I am a profitable trader. I spent many of
    my initial losing years purchasing and researching system after system, going thru
    thousands of dollars in the process. I now KNOW that I had systems in my possesion
    very early on in my trading career that could have made me a great deal of money.
    Many of these systems were found on the internet for free. For example, Richard Dennis'
    Turtle system has been available online for free for years now. You would be hard pressed
    to find a system that has made more money for those capable of trading it than that one.
    However, it takes a very rare breed to :
    A: Find a market edge...
    B: Get up day after day and pursue that edge flawlessly in the face of the inevitable
    statistical variations that trading that edge entails ( ie. continuing to execute the system
    flawlessly in the face of the inevitable drawdowns that occur).

I've noticed that there are some here who think that systems work for awhile and then,
    after time, the "market" somehow adapts to them and they become unprofitable. This can
    not, and will not, happen if you are exploiting a real genuine edge in the market place. There
    are edges that have existed since the concept of "markets" entered mans consciousness and will always exist. These edges may be slight, but if one finds this edge and exploits it over a
    long enough period of time, significant profits can be had. At the end of the day the true question is not:
    "Is there a profitable strategy?"........but
    "Can I, at my current level of personal development, trade it????"

W.W.J.L.D (What Would Jesse Livermore Do?)

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmalone
    I have been trading for over a decade. I am a profitable trader.

I've noticed that there are some here who think that systems work for awhile and then,
    after time, the "market" somehow adapts to them and they become unprofitable. This can
    not, and will not, happen if you are exploiting a real genuine edge in the market place.
    hm..interesting
    than what you are doing here ?
    if you are profitable ..you should trade and enjoy your life ..

I believe that almost all members of this forum are not profitable ...
    if we where profitable we would not be here searching for it ..that missing part that will make us profitable

Silver Member Array
    Thanks

I know someone who win as 1st champion at national competion just only use GANN HI LO ACTIVATOR (5) with a repaint "Snake In The Border/GRBB" Indicators for seek only 20-30 Pips; only.

Regards

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuekhatsu
    I know someone who win as 1st champion at national competion just only use GANN HI LO ACTIVATOR (5) with a repaint "Snake In The Border/GRBB" Indicators for seek only 20-30 Pips; only.

Regards

did he trade sim or real money ?
    yeah ...probably sim
    let him try to trade real money, more than year ...and than we can discuss his score

I have been trading more than decade ..and was profitable almost two in row ..
    and you can guess ..last two I suck that much that I start searching for holly grail again

trading is most competitive business on the world !!
    and it is not for those with small accounts !!!

Thanks

[quote=BumpyJ]
    Quote Originally Posted by "tmalone" I have been trading for over a decade. I am a profitable trader.

not, and will not, happen if you are exploiting a real genuine edge in the market place. [ / quote

hm..interesting
    than what you are doing here ?
    if you are profitable ..you should trade and enjoy your life ..

I believe that almost all members of this forum are not profitable ...
    if we where profitable we would not be here searching for it ..that missing part that will make us profitable
    Don't be like that lah.

It's a truth that most of the members of this forum are non-successful traders. Thus we need people such as tmalone, who are already successful, to guide us there.

Non successful traders searching the road to wealth together without any guide is like a blind man guiding another blind man, imho

Well, as a blind man myself, I like a guide of successful trader to shorten my "searching" time.

Don't go away 1st tmalone, please come back and guide us until we see the "light" please.

Regards,

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

The topic itself is great, but I cannot escape a feeling that the discussion is going of topic. All the great advises about having a plan and stick to it - they are great - but you need to have system in the first place that if executed according to the plan will bring profitable results AS PLANNED.

I would like to cut to the chase, is there anyone who has a system (manual or automatic) that if used as per instructions brings consistent profits over a substantial period of time?

Let me define substantial; 7 out of 10 trades will be profitable using the same parameters per trade.

There are so many systems posted in this forum and we all tested some of them - most of the time with disappointing results. One of the systems posted here is called Forex Insider Pro - [url]http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4340&start=0&hilit=fip[/url] . I have tested it for some time now with promising results especially on higher timeframes H4 & D1. This system is based on Slope Directional indicator. There are some posts on other forums where they use the Slope Directional in conjunction with ADX as a filter with great results.

Well, I thought it was important to share this info with you guys and if anyone is interested in further exploring this system let's move the discussion to the existing Forex Insider Pro link - [url]http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4340&start=0&hilit=fip[/url] .I am of the view that if more people test it the quicker the solution. Everyone has different Forex experiences and different perspectives. The true strength is combining our efforts. This goes for any system that we could work on as a group together.

On a personal note, I am not searching for a Holy Grail but a system on solid principles. I do not believe Holy Grail exists. Perhaps in the future with software that will using adaptive inteligence. Right now it is up to us Guys to come up with a working solution.

Jack

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    there are a few good strategies....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vladv View Post
    I totally agree with you,but how can one to see the way the market is changing BEFORE it happens in the market(and you get your loss)!?I think that's the real problem here.....
    It is possible to see what is happening in the market BEFORE the majority see.
    It takes many years of screen time though. It's called Order flow

11. The Following User Says Thank You to traderx4 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast