What kind of system are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of system are you using?

I've talked to some traders that work for few years now (successfully) about their trading systems.
    All of them said me the same thing.... First, you try to find best custom system
    and at the end you get back to basic indicators. I've also returned to that as they said.
    My opinion is that you can't become successful trader over night by just
    finding great custom system, for that you need at least a year working with the same system.
    Custom systems work one time and other time they just don't.

This is my conclusion:
    "Large" traders use basic indicators (especially Fibonacci) and they move the market.
    You just need to see market trough their eyes (use same trading analysis) and play by the rules.
    Custom created system
    14.29%
    Basic indicators system (fibo, bollinger, etc.)
    85.71%

Re: What kind of system are you using?

i don't use any indicators, i'm watching the market and try (successfully) to get the feeling how the markets goes....

sorry for my bad english...

Comment

Originally posted by latsoc
      i don't use any indicators, i'm watching the market and try (successfully) to get the feeling how the markets goes....

sorry for my bad english...

You trade only on feeling or is there a little more?
      Your English is good Latsoc

Barbara

Comment

I either use EAs and trade manually. I usually try to find promising EAs in forums and tweaking them to fit my style and expectation. As for manual systems, I design and develop systems to my need, they are usually systems for short time frames...

Comment

thank you indo-investasi... now i become a better trader...
          Last edited by dr0o69; 07-08-10, 01:02.

Comment

After my 6 months at this forum i also found out that basic indicators really are the best.
            It's not like we're smarter that traders which work 5+ years. They all use simple indicators as
            pivot lines, fibo, trend lines, bollinger etc.
            If you're still trying out more custom indicators, then you aren't even on
            1/4 of the way to become long term successful.
            Custom systems work depending on market conditions.
            Basic systems work in any market condition but they need a lot of practice.
            I consider custom systems "shortcuts" which lead nowhere at the end.

Comment

your right, it is all about the individual trader.................. It's price action for me

Comment

my preference is for trading system that favor Price action analysis and/or trading. To my Knowledge wolfewaves focuses primarily on Price action analysis and trading.

Are there any other trading systems that focus primarily on Price Action analysis and trading ?

Comment

I only use EAs as I do not have the time to trade manually. I am still looking for one that will make money constantly.

Comment

Back to the basic for me

I use EMA, Stochastic and heiken ashi, plus pivot and fibonacci.

Comment

I'm using custom created system.

Comment

@mandreke: How long has it been since you added new indicator in your system?

I've been changing my system every 1-2 weeks until I've given up and returned to basic indis.

Comment

With all these systems with colorful charts and bells and whistles, I cannot trade with them, I always get conflicting signals that I do not know when to enter. The best thing is to go back to the basics instead of trying to find the Holy Grail, there are none. If you watch the market long enough, you will see certain times when you can easily grab PIPs and then get out without a loss. I typically grab 20 PIPs with a standard account during the London Session [5:30AM EST] within 5-10 minutes then I am done for the morning before I get ready for work.

I will never trust an EA, easily to blow your account especially if you have not demo'ed it long enough. I see some EAs that starts trading against the trend which is not good, it will blow your account easily. If you do use an EA, be sure to monitor it and hopefully there is MM built into it.

Comment

After complete fiasco on my side (and burning my account to zero), I decided that I will diversify.... So now (and for the last 6 months successfully) I am combining my manual trades (which are all trend following trades (min few weeks - and no more daytrading that got my first acct wiped), with EAs (megadroid) and with some hand picked signals (free, from rent a signal).

I did some due dilligence on forex trade signals, but there are not many that work out of the box for metatrader platform, or i dont like their lack of transparency / interest / price.... So if you want to know more about RAS see my forex blog: http://forex-trading-on.net/2009/09/...ader-platform/

Comment

Price and Volume are the Best indicators, then add support and resistance and finally some trendlines

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X