Automated System or Manual System?

WilsonHiew

Automated System or Manual System?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Automated System or Manual System?

• Automated System
    • Manual System

I have been trading forex for about 4 month, and I am using manual system i.e. the system generate signals for me, and I do the analysis and place the trade. Although it has made me 30% profit up to date, I still think that manual system is time consuming. And I thinking to switch to automated system, my opinion is manaul is always better than auto, but it would be appreaciated if any of you can give me some valuable insight on this.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Automated System or Manual System?

yes you right, manual trading is best for all,

when robot(automated) is the best, that is the time of falling of forex market, (think) when someone create holly grail robot that always profit with no loss and all trader use that robot, who loss then? :-??

In the log run I doubt that an E.A> can work. It is just make able to adjust when the changes. I have tried several E.A.'s, some even worked for a time. When the win/loss ratio change I suspended use.

The market can only go up. down or sideways. How many indicators do you need to see what is happening? Only a few or none. probably the best systems use no indicators and are manual. See Joe Ross.

Well I gave EA a fair shot again, and I didn't like it, now manual only :D

Barbara

(problem with EA is that when all looks good, and in the beginning always does, you can help your self but to raise your risk, and then the moment you raised it is the moment that all will come tumbling down for you... its natural low of EA in my experience :)) )

I have found to manually trade the basket of EA's the best strategy so far....the whole idea is you can't be successful if you are expecting some magic EA to make millions for you. You either trade manually or through an EA...you'll still need to thoroughly monitor it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic debate here, guys i go for manual trading, have been in trading for over 4 and half years nothing like manual trading EA only perform for some period and later blows up account, My manual strategy had generate over 200% profit for me since started MAy this year Manual is my way.

Can you share your manual system with us here?Thanks!

What a fantastic debate here, guys i go for manual trading, have been in trading for over 4 and half years nothing like manual trading EA only perform for some period and later blows up account, My manual strategy had generate over 200% profit for me since started MAy this year Manual is my way.

i voted MANUAL too..

EA..my idea is just for recreational..i also use DP/MD but for a very tiny lot..

My income generation comes from manual trade.

I seldom trade manually..normally 1 or 2 post..when im very confident..so far so good!

My recommendation is focus on one pair..in my case CABLE.

Understand how it moves..and do not overtrade.

Regards

pop

Hi

Interesting topics. Actually, I like both way. I mean there is no holy grail and depend on your individual

strategy. For example, if you are trading using hourly timeframe, you might have to monitor the market

which is time consuming and tedious.

Due to my lifestyle, I don't have the luxury and time to monitor the market since I working

during the day, only time is evening time.

Hence, I refer to have EA to help me monitor for potential setup

and inform me by email, then I will manually check to ensure the setup

is what I being waiting for.

So, both manual & auto method play a part in my trading

lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...

Manual or trading system is really upon your Forex knowledge and avaibility, desire to work on it or have something working for you.

I do personally prefer the automated systems, but I don't beleive in a unique holy grail. It's impossible for one EA to master all market conditions, even less nowadays when the market change so regularly. We are far from the "old time" when it' s was mostly trending with clear direction.

So I du use a panel of robots, active or inactive based on my forex market knowledge, which give me some good results on the yearly basis.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still convinced that a manual system, when well managed with clear rules, wil alwasy be superior to an EA, and it's what I will tendfor the majority of my funds, but a basket of Robots will always be part of my portfolio. For when I'm not available, for when I'm not feeling good, for when I will enjoy the cash made ;)

Cheers,

EG

• 4 weeks later...