Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking outside of the box......... ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking outside of the box......... ideas?

Hello,

I have just joined this forum, I have to say that I am impressed by the willingness of the members to help each other. That is a rarity these days.
    I trade using price action. For me it works....... Everyone trades what works for them. A lot of the different disciplines of TA show the same thing, but in a different language........ Any way it brings me to this point, Collectively thinking what are some different ideas for trading outside of the box.
    quick examples: Trade the traders not the price ( I guess that is what trading PA is )
    Trading at certain times of the day
    Trading currencies at different times of the month ( when companies need to pay overseas workers)
    different kinds of range breakouts
    After a set # of points in one direction, a set trade with a defined take profit (scalping off of a long time frame)
    I had a few more, but I'm having a brain fart right now...........sorry

I thought that this could spark some thought /discussion.......... Take Care

Ladder105

Re: Thinking outside of the box......... ideas?

Hi Ladder105,

I'm all for out of the box thinking when it comes to trading.

Regarding trading times, this is an excellent and very informative document:

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/243871008/Forex_Traders_Cheat_Sheet.pdf
    It seems to me that there are a million different ways to trade price action, the most common being support/resistance, channels, trendlines, swing high/low, pinbars, Fibs. Do you use all of these or have you found one aspect of price action which works ok for you ?

Other ideas...

Linking currencies to Oil, Stock Indexes and Gold to identify correlations. If one market typically "tips its hand" first then we can have advance warning of where price is most likely to be heading.

If 95% of retail traders end up losing money then the best place to be is on the opposite side to the retail traders. I believe that FXCM provide some sort of report on total retail positions, however I don't think that I could trust a report from a single broker.

Momentum based trading using point and figure charts (not often seen in Forex, though fairly common in stocks).

Cheers

Soundfx

Comment

Last edited by luke4p; 24-01-13, 23:17.

Comment

Code:
        4shared.com/file/134142717/afbb982a/fcs.html

Comment

ladder105, you just put the correct words of how I feel about price action:
          "Trade the traders not the price"

The more I learn about price action, the more I stay away from price and closer to traders.

Regards,

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          Working...
          X