Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member Array
    Thanks

Here's What I Believe Too...

thank you indo-investasi... now i become a better trader...
    Last edited by dr0o69; 08-07-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks

Re: Here's What I Believe Too...

Quote Originally Posted by dr0o69
    Here's what I believe too:

1. The markets are not random. I don't care if the number of academicians who have argued the efficient market hypothesis would stretch to the moon and back if laid end to end; they are simply wrong.

2. The markets are not random, because they are based on human behavior, and human behavior, especially mass behavior, is not random. It never has been, and it probably never will be.

3. There is no holy grail or grand secret to the markets, but there are many patterns that can lead to profits.

4. There are a million ways to make money in markets. The irony is that they are all very difficult to find.

5. The markets are always changing, and they are always the same.

6. The secret to success in the markets lies not in discovering some incredible indicator or elaborate theory; rather, it lies within each individual.

7. To excel in trading requires a combination of talent and extremely hard work-(surprise!) the same combination required for excellence in any field. Those seeking success by buying the latest $300 or even $3,000 system, or by following the latest hot tip, will never find the answer because they haven't yet understood the question.

8. Success in trading is a worthy goal, but it will be worthless if it is not accompanied by success in your life (and I use the word success here without monetary connotation).

Me like it

Barbara

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks

who would have thought that...

a forum full with smart good looking women ....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pygmalion
    who would have thought that...

a forum full with smart good looking women ....

true... William is the hottest one

Barbara

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

"7. To excel in trading requires a combination of talent and extremely hard work-(surprise!) the same combination required for excellence in any field. Those seeking success by buying the latest $300 or even $3,000 system, or by following the latest hot tip, will never find the answer because they haven't yet understood the question."

Sadly that is true i wonder if anyone care to show us examples of successful people who followed some sort of formula.
    I'm using EA but i wish i could be very rich one day.
    I saw this poster the other day, there is no elevator to success, only stairs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr0o69
    Here's what I believe too:

1. The markets are not random. I don't care if the number of academicians who have argued the efficient market hypothesis would stretch to the moon and back if laid end to end; they are simply wrong.

2. The markets are not random, because they are based on human behavior, and human behavior, especially mass behavior, is not random. It never has been, and it probably never will be.

3. There is no holy grail or grand secret to the markets, but there are many patterns that can lead to profits.

4. There are a million ways to make money in markets. The irony is that they are all very difficult to find.

5. The markets are always changing, and they are always the same.

6. The secret to success in the markets lies not in discovering some incredible indicator or elaborate theory; rather, it lies within each individual.

7. To excel in trading requires a combination of talent and extremely hard work-(surprise!) the same combination required for excellence in any field. Those seeking success by buying the latest $300 or even $3,000 system, or by following the latest hot tip, will never find the answer because they haven't yet understood the question.

8. Success in trading is a worthy goal, but it will be worthless if it is not accompanied by success in your life (and I use the word success here without monetary connotation).

The problem with removing a random from the properties of the market, is the fact that one "random move" could cost you a fortune even thou every indicator and 90% of the market goes your way. The idea is not to predict where the market will go but to go with it when it goes that way. A lot people have spend countless years to "predict" because the also believe it was not "random" and most of them are broke or dead. Even the best systems fail because they are too complicated, even thou the market could only go two ways. Some may argue it may also trend sideways, but if you look at m1 it is still moving like crazy. People that over complicate trading are the same people that over complicate their personal life even thou none of those things are complicated, it us that are complicated and not the market.
    Just my 2 cents.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

IMO
    playing field are same, people playing it are still the same, same goes with the stock
    but what make different is people interest at that moment, and this keep changing every time
    this intetest factored by many things like hope, predicting, news, rumor and many more
    luckily all of this perspective sometimes based on something like technical or fundamental analysis, and it's become self fullfilling prophecy

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks

enough of that philosophical chit-chat...

WE WANT PICTURES of the fine young ladies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huanghau
    IMO
    playing field are same, people playing it are still the same, same goes with the stock
    but what make different is people interest at that moment, and this keep changing every time
    this intetest factored by many things like hope, predicting, news, rumor and many more
    luckily all of this perspective sometimes based on something like technical or fundamental analysis, and it's become self fullfilling prophecy
    especially when you have 50% chance to be right by default which is really why those TA formations and forecasts tend work so well today and break peoples accounts the next day

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Trading is all about how well you can control yourself... it requires discipline, discipline and discipline and can take years to cultivate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast