MagicLines

MagicLines 3

Well, this is not a trading system, not an EA, not an indicator. Yet I'm placing it here, because it helps manual trading in MetaTrader.

This piece of code is empowering MT4 with a feature what is very similar to TradeStation order handling lines. It seems to be a perfect tool for manual trading. You don't have to mess with that big order box. Just drag the entry, SL and TP lines wherever you want and that's it!

The home site for this "thing" is here: http://www.magiclinesforex.com/

The scripts and manual is here (was demo, but it's now educated):

http://www.mediafire.com/?6730er1sd9xom8a

Edited by Don

Re: MagicLines

mograst, as I see, magic-setup-3 creates a label object with the name "riskno" and text value "1.5" . Then this object is drawn on around the left upper corner of the chart.

Maybe a candle or other object hides it from you. Move things a bit to get it appear. If you're using the script on a chart with white background color, then you won't see this object, as it is also white. I suggest click somewhere 50 pixels under the symbol name. If you got "something" framed, then you've just catched it! :)

Now, you can see 1.5 on the chart (or catched it by clicking around).

Right click on it and select "Label properties..." from the popup menu.

There is a "General" tab on this window. In the Text field there is a 1.5 text. You can change this for your need. Like 5.0 or similar.

You can also change the color of this label by clicking on the color pulldown menu, which is showing "White" now.

If you're ready, click OK. Hopefully the script will "get" the new risk value for its further calculations.

I hope it helped.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks! I am testing this tool! Everything works quiet well but pending orders are missing! Or it does not work with my broker?!?

@fxeasy5: Do you have the bonus EA for MM including trailing stops? This EA is called "TrackStopLoss"!?

TrackStopLoss – a script/EA that tracks the market price with stoploss below a signal bar. This EA goes into the expert folder, next to the default EA’s Metatrader ships with.

Edited by paracool
Forgot to mention the name and some more details!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...