News Trading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News Trading...

A few traders do well with news trading. Most of us however are looking for other approaches. As has been stated before, you have to have a direct connection to the very first source of the news if you want to catch the first wave.

Comment

I think that about an year it is almost impossible to trade news and the reason to that is that currencies do not react to the news as they should react. Second thing is that new traders have to have very good so called insight and experiences. It is not so easy as it seams you can burn you fingers quiker than you can say "ouch". So since it is a beginners section I would recomend to stay away from news. Why else you will find so many traders keeping their fingers off from the button some time before and after a news? Thirdly a fact is that the trading world started as a fundamental market but have now turned into a technical market and the reason for this is again the same thing the news events are so hard to predict. Nowadasy it is even harder markets are afected to the events that take place in politics and when we speak politics it is always impossible to predict what the outcome will be. So to conclude stay away from news.

Comment

Widen spread, requote, or even the broker turning off their server during news = stay away from news trading.

Comment

Agreed completely Mentos, and most others here too.
          Some traders do news trading well, but it takes the right broker, the right experience and quite often alot of luck

Comment

Is it really possible to make that much within a short period of time?

Comment

Hello everybody,

I just found an ea specifically for news trading from other forum, that will place pending orders (sell stop and buy stop) right before the (big) news coming. I find this ea very useful instead of placing pending orders manually before the news. Unfortunately, it has restriction for demo only. Perhaps some coders / programmers could help to remove the restriction and make it running on live account. other fine tuning useful for news trading would be highly appreciated.

here is the link of the demo news trading ea:

http://www.4sh@red.com/file/14233462...ihyou_v11.html

Following is the setting detail from the creator:

Initial parameters are belows.

MAGIC=magic number, should be unique for each currency pair.
              Use_MM=if you want to use money management function, should be true.
              LotsPercent=when Use_MM is true, determine use percentage of account free amount.
              Use_Lots=when Use_MM is false, determine position volume.
              Slippage=determine acceptable slipppage. (pips)
              Stoploss=determine stoploss for each position. (pips)
              Take_Profit=determine take profit for each position. (pips)
              Trigger=important parameter, determine the clearance of quote and sellstop and buystop positions. if this value is too small, easy to take actual positions react small waves, if this value is too big, do not react even economic indicator make big trand. I recommend to use initial setting, 15pips.
              Use_Trailstop=if you want to choose trailing stop function, should be true.
              Trail=when Use_Trailstop is true, determine trailing stop value. (pips)
              Repetable=After close sell or buy position, take sellstop and buystop position again, should be true.

Notice: Recommend to set this EA before 5 minutes of important economic indicator announcement time and stop EA, delete all of sellstop and buystop positions before closing MT4.

Comment

I think the most important part of news trading is about to understand the variance of real number vs expectation. And don't forget that the revision from prior number can be important too. It is very tricky. I am not expert on news trading :">

Comment

I stay away from news trading myself, turning off my EAs and such. I am not experienced enough with forex to really trade news comfortably. I have noticed that when news does affect a candle, it is good for at least 40 to 50 pips (at least the last few times I have been watching the charts when news hits). I suppose that if you were to get into the candle soon enough, you could get a good 20 to 40 pips pretty easily. Don't have the guts to do it live quite yet.

Comment

The News trading short-term, because the trading does not last longer than 5-30 minutes, fundamental he is founded on the changing of the foundation of a drawn given country. This the trade a concept belongs to my favourites, Because the probability of the success depends on my side many times. I have to add it to him quickly however, that the short-term fundamental trading turns into very profitable one in the possession of suitable knowledge, preparedness and an experience only.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    Working...
                    X