News Trading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News Trading...

I don't think soo news trading is really going to work out for retail investors like us for the following reasons:-

- We don't have direct access to ECN liquidity providers so your spreads will increase drastically making it harder to trade the news

- Most of the time it would happen that the sentiment & forecase of a particular news will develop for 2-3 days and even after a positive news...the currency dips

- Recently the effect of negative data on the US side has been positive for the $US b/c of the interest in buying US Bonds/Treasuries (Safe heaven investment in troubled times). This kind of behavious is right opposite to typical news trading concepts in which bad news = bad currency. Market changing dynamics make it hard to trade the news

I guess Technical Analysis with some idea of the overall market fundamentals is the way to go.

Comment

For the beginners news should act as an indicator of volume (maybe even a time to avoid) However one way i personally trade during high impact news releases is i set a +10 pip buy limit order (from the closing price of the previous h1 candle) and set my sl at 10 pips, if the price goes my way i try to catch as many pips as i can and get out as fast as i can. If the price goes the otherway without triggering my limit i do not lose anything if i trigger my limit and than hits my sl, i accept my loss, and wait for the next big new release to catch my profits. Its a good way to stay profitable since there is no way to predict which way the players will send the market rolling. I hope i was helpful.

Comment

I only have bad expirience with news trading. You should know the impact of the news to the market. So good fundamental market understanding is absolutly neccessary. You should be able to get the news in the same time as the big players. AND make sure to have a broker that allows you setting trades during news releases AND more important to clse the trade without requotes. This is the most difficult par in my opinion. Spread is another issue, most of the bokers widen the spread during news releases.

With all that in mind better stay out during news time. I very often got burned so i stopped news trading completly.

Just my 2 cents.

Jens

Comment

Price action sometimes tell you, what the markets wants to do with the news, but still sometimes spikes break these expectations.

Comment

[/quote]

sure, but you have to pay for the news, google reuters newsservice ~ 4500$/ month, or cheaper but slower tradethenews

-- 30 Aug 2009, 15:42 --

and the best there are tools , they read the news and open the trade, like Secret Forex News Weapon and many others

but sometime newservice also writing wrong and the software open your trade , hopefully you will quick enough and your broker let you out of the wrong trade at newstime

cheers[/quote]

harry007,Secret Forex News Weapon it's a EA or a system ?Do you have it?

Comment

m30 News Trading...

Hi there;

When i must new in Forex Trading, i have a rare trading by news using m30 Timeframe (EUR/USD only !), but you must enter with low leverage & we must have a bravehearth, this is only for the trader who have a mechanical mindset.

Here's the Rules :

1. Open your charts at EUR/USD, Timeframe : m30.
              2. Open Forex Factory & Setup the clock by your local Time.
              3. Again in Forex Factory; after we setup the clock, now we setup the calender filter by click only USD & uncheck the other pairs.
              4. Check ONLY the Very Important News (red Flag Only) the rest you will Uncheck. Your Forex Factroy should be look like this (this is GMT +2 my Place, South Africa)

OK Thats it.

Before we continued, if there any question please ask before we go more deeply.

To be Continued ...

Comment

I look forward to part 2

Comment

Thanks GOD; i thought News Trading is not intresting anymore ...

Comment

Important council: if you never traded in economic reports, then first demo you practise it on an account, do your homework and get ready before you do it in sharp one.

Comment

Hi,
                      Does somebody have a kind of guide providing the more often observed currency movement during news?
                      For example for a given indicators, if actual is better than forecast, currency is likely to go up, is it's worst, it's likely to go down...
                      Thanks

Comment

Before we go more, i just want to share; ussually the Trend of Currencies especially EUR/USD change after NFP News & it will confirms with TA such EMA 10 & EMA 40 (in 60 Minutes) etc, the trend can be change to in a middle of month (in some of announcing news) but ussually its only a retrace not strong like after NFP.

But when the trend is strong, price will be follow the original trend.

Regards

Comment

Onto NFP trading i the following I use it: I am putting in two trade with 5 minutes before the news.
                          The 1. Buy stop above the present price +20 pip. SL: the present price
                          The 2. Sell stop under the present price -20 pip.SL: the present price
                          Take profit: 40 pip
                          I like him the many times!

Comment

Anyone know of any good news feeds

Mart

Comment

maybe we can try this with newpro software..Thanks alot for sharing..

Comment

Originally posted by Sally4x
                                maybe we can try this with newpro software..Thanks alot for sharing..
                                Whats That ?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X