Stack Trade Trading System

randomname

Here is a system that I have been automating it seem to be providing varly consistent results.

They have screenshots on their webpage back several years and some videos for trade setups.

www.stacktrade.com

Here are their indicators for tradestation and multicharts

http://rapidshare.com/files/265499919/Stack_Trade.zip

Attached are screenshots of the my automated version of their setups 1 contract 1.35 commissions each side factored in. I am still in the process of sim trading and working out some bugs.

Re: Stack Trade Trading System

Isnt the Avg Net Profit of $9 a problem, that is only 1 tick slippage?

Well there isn't much slippage maybe 2 ticks a day total on 30 trades, my stops are market orders but my entries and profit targets are limits. I am just posting what I have found which seems to be a consistent daily gainer, no big swings in downdraw. The monthly average return is around 6000 on one contract. There is definitly room for improvement, and any suggestions are encouraged.

But the average net profit is low because it is a scalping strategy with a risk/reward ratio of 1/1. Just thought I would post some objective data instead of saying oh this strategy is good. I am always on the lookout for a better performing strategy that consistently makes money on a daily basis.

I have just recently started forward testing this strategy and it has been producing the same results as backtesting. So far so good.

I got this pm from a member, thought I would answer in the forum

thx for this topic, can you recommend this method?

Looking at their web page and the setups, it seems not so easy to get all indications in sync for a setup and then you need a filling of the limit order too.

What results do you get on your automation, I can not open the results you have posted here.

Have you coded all setups they have or what is it based on?

Do you trade this live with success?

Are you mainly focusing on tradestation? That is my main topic and still trying to find a working and consistent method.

Anything specila for TS you can recommend?

Thx and good luck,

I have only been looking at this strategy for the last 2 weeks, but so far it looks like it will fit me nicely, not the holy grail by any means but a consistent winner every day which is what my preference is.

This is one of the easiest strategies I have come by, even if you are trading it manually it gives you audio prompts when a setup is about to occer then you stick a limit order with a 1 pt bracket.

I coded the TS1 and TS5 trades but my version takes more trades than what are posted their website under daily recaps, because they only take trades thay have a recent pivot higher/lower than where target is and I found that backtesting it wasn't as profitable to do this.

I haven't started trading it live, have been simming it for last week getting comfortable with the automation process and trade execution in tradestation.

I have coded alot of different strategies in tradestation some with higher profit factors but this one is nice because it has low downdraw and consistently profitable every day.

Hope that helps

Randomname,

what do think, if the method and your system is going with limit orders, how much trades will be missed / not filled in real trading that are shown as winners in the report?

Limit orders means no slippage, but would you got in on reality?

Consistent profits and small drawdowns not going to ruin the account is a good start at all.

Would it be possible to resend your performance report to a download server like 4shared as I can not view what you posted here.

Good luck!

guys .... why dont you start evaluating yourself instead of asking all these questions ... free trial available at stacktrade dot com .... all rules explained there in text and videos.... even a free chatroom for 1 week is included in the trial

make yourself comfortable, get a drink, and sit down and spend 1-2h to learn this....

i´m working on automating it for Ninja myself, cooperation with people who have a Ninja programming background are welcome.

... in case anyone takes the free trial my request is to post the latest version of the software here... mine is a bit dated and has some flaws

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I will have a look at this StackTrade system for a week.

I DLed the Stack_trade.zip file, which has the various indic. The problem is that I only have the MT4. So, can someone possibly convert these from whatever (PLA or ELD or TSW) to mq4 or tpl?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I traded this system with them in the live room (free trial). Unfortunately I was not able to achieve the same result, because the guy registered every trade under the condition "filled when touched". Everybody know that this is not real. Often, when priced only hits your limit order you will not get filled, at least under real condition, so I missed good trades and at the end my result was negative. So be careful when using this system or at leas try it under SIM long enough.

• 2 months later...