I have virus. my computer dead. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have virus. my computer dead. please help

i think i have the virus from the "james 16" download, but i can't get into that particular discussion to learn how to treat it. please help. my computer will not let the anti virus programs run. do i need to do something to allow the anti-virus programs to run since this virus apparently won't allow them to work. which anti-virus will work best in this case. how can i get rid of this trojan or virus? please help

Re: I have virus. my computer dead. please help

Kaspersky internet security is the best for me, its win a lot of awards.. beat nod 32, norton, panda, avast, mcafee ect, I tested all, my choose is this

Comment

try to scan in safe mode via this:

Code:
      h**p://housecall.trendmicro.com/de/
      Joe

Comment

thanks, i will try both of your suggestions with housecall and kaspersky.

Comment

It probably disabled your AV program, you need to copy it to a CD or something and install on your PC, probably have to rename the program as something else. Run the AV in safe mode [be sure you disconnect from the internet before scanning].

Try Malware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Those nasty virus disables existing AV programs from running. Some of these even prevent you from accessing any AV sites, and worse case, disables your internet connection.

Comment

They dont necessarly disable you internet connection, usually they just mess with the HOSTS file so you think the browswer is dead..

Depending on your computer and which verson of windows you have you may NOT be able to run the housecall in safe mode.. Try going to google first in safe mode.. That will tell you if the network drivers are loaded..

If you can get to winpatrol.com install winpatrol and you can see almost all of the startup programs and you can look at the HOSTS file.. There should only be 1 entry in the HOSTS file..

Hope this helps.. And Kaspersky Internet version is a very good choice..

Comment

Install a new windows to other directory, with a new name.
              Then use this new window until you get the good AV.
              You can switch to old window at soft boot.

Comment

Avast is a very good free AV prog - main plus is that it scans your PC without having Windows loaded which makes it a lot more effective

I'd go for Eset Nod32 if you want to splash the cash though!

Comment

Hi marketorder

Is the virus activated when you open the files in james16 or you got it through the download site itself?

What is the name of the virus?

Regards

Comment

Hi Hacker

Thanks for the recommendation of Winpatrol. I think I am going to download and install it.
                    Is it really good as in terms of preventing dangerous software and viruses from running?

Regards

Comment

I recovered one of my computers once (no antivirus but some horrible trojan) and scanned it with Housecall by trendmicro. Hope this helps.

Comment

Is the virus activated when you open the files in james16 or you got it through the download site itself?

What is the name of the virus?

in response to the above. i did open james16, but i have not been able to get the name of the virus yet. thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

KIS is definitely the best IS also recommend Zone Alarm but u must first install KIS and then ZA , if anyone need KIS 2010 and KAV the way to license them .. PM me

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X