How to prevent fatigure or boredom when trading

• 2 months later...

Re: How to prevent fatigure or boredom when trading

I think it is important to spend a lot of productive screen time at first, but also to know when to get away from the screen...I set up a stop loss and a take profit i.e. force myself to anticipate the situation in 30 mins time and then get up and leave. Of course always eager to come back and see if I was right !

• 1 month later...

Re: How to prevent fatigure or boredom when trading

Hi,

I still consider myself as an amateur in fx & stock trading.

I aiming for consistence result and working hard on achieving it.

However, there are time when I get poor result due to off-focus of my strategy

and fatigue in waiting for good setup, plus my own pressure to show result.

I get bored and loss focus and feel like giving up this game. yet, I know that

trading is boring.

Therefore, I like to know how any existing forex guru/expert or full timer solve

the fatigue or boredom with trading. ^:)^

Even I'm newbie in trading live. I've traded traded demo close to never. I'm starting off today - Feb 1st, 2010.

My workstation is in my bedroom but still I don't stay glued to my monitor. My trading system is such that alerts cannot be set as there's no indicator involved!! X_X

I use the 1H chart and it gives one or two during the London or US session. However, what I do is leave my system running and carry on with daily work in house hold but I make sure that I'm in house atleast 2-3 hours of the London or US sessions. My idea is to sit back, relax and capture 30 - 40 % move of the major moves. That's all! I don't need more. As I trade the 1H charts, I just need to check market activity once in every one hour. Sample of recent trade is as below:

http://i50.tinypic.com/29dv76s.jpg

So, what I mean to say is sit back, relax, have patience and try capturing 30-40% of the major moves. Trade charts 1H and above - 4H or the daily.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You got to find you an indicator that gives you the alerts you want.. Let the software help find the trade for you.. other than that get youself a boat with a wireless connection and float on the lake like I do..

i think that is true. and combination of soft music will accomplished.