Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent fatigure or boredom when trading

Hi,

I still consider myself as an amateur in fx & stock trading.
    I aiming for consistence result and working hard on achieving it.

However, there are time when I get poor result due to off-focus of my strategy
    and fatigue in waiting for good setup, plus my own pressure to show result.
    I get bored and loss focus and feel like giving up this game. yet, I know that
    trading is boring.

Therefore, I like to know how any existing forex guru/expert or full timer solve
    the fatigue or boredom with trading.

Re: How to prevent fatigure or boredom when trading

listen to relaxing meditating music helps me alot,,,,,,

Comment

You got to find you an indicator that gives you the alerts you want.. Let the software help find the trade for you.. other than that get youself a boat with a wireless connection and float on the lake like I do..

Comment

Trading forex doesn't mean you should always in front of your computer all the night and day or should open trades hourly or daily. If you realize and understand it you might be prevented from fatigue and boring. The key is you must find any proper trading set up then leave it and enjoy the rest of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by learningfx
          Hi,

I still consider myself as an amateur in fx & stock trading.
          I aiming for consistence result and working hard on achieving it.

However, there are time when I get poor result due to off-focus of my strategy
          and fatigue in waiting for good setup, plus my own pressure to show result.
          I get bored and loss focus and feel like giving up this game. yet, I know that
          trading is boring.

Therefore, I like to know how any existing forex guru/expert or full timer solve
          the fatigue or boredom with trading.
          Ya ,it happen to anyone.For me,just take a few days rest.

Rock

Comment

Trading is just as boring as always if the price doesn't seems to move, don't wait for the trades all the time as you will get bored and feel dying, plan your strategy, don't enter when the time is not right, avoid news time 30 mins before and after. I recommend you pick top and bottom, once you acquired this skills, trading is just as breeze, less than 30 mins a day you can make money easily. It doesn't requires you to chase for the pips, instead the pips will come to you.

Comment

Some said enjoy breezing music, can also help, but do not fall asleep infront of your trade station, you might miss good opportunity...

Comment

Hi,

To lessen such things, the attitude is important because, mostly, we experience them mentally so whatever the result, just let it go There are times that we can get profits and there times that we can't.

Comment

Thank to all for advise & comment.

Trading is simple but not easy, no wonder, only top 5% make it
                  while other 95% just come & go.

=D>

Comment

If you are trading Forex .. the best practice that has worked for me is to trade on for few hours on a fix time everyday then it doesnt matter which timeframe you are looking to trade ... and then just go away from the comp and enjoy your life ... trading is fun if you want it to be just you need to work your way with it ..

Comment

Originally posted by zenfist
                      listen to relaxing meditating music helps me alot,,,,,,
                      Please can you tell us what relaxing & meditation music do you listen when you trade?!

Comment

Hi Folks,
                        here is what I do:
                        1) as others mentioned: get the machine do the boring work, setup indicators and alike for preparation work once they ring a bell be alerted and fresh in mind to assess the situation
                        2) I have put in my trading room a nice eliptotrainer and do from time to time workout
                        3) make sure that as a beginner you don't overwork yourself and stick to fixed timings. Also I fell into the trap to use the weekend to gather new ideas, backtest different approaches etc. Make sure you take the weekend as relaxing time!

So far my 3 cents to the topic.
                        Joe

Comment

Treat it as a business.
                          Come to work at the same time each day.
                          Take a lunch each day and leave work at the same time each day.
                          Do this even though your "workplace" is onle a few feet away from the couch at your home.
                          If you don't so this you will surely burn out in no time flat.
                          Yes it is OK to sometimes put in some "overtime". But remember, this is a job, not your life.

IMHO....

Comment

Play some games on the trading game on the computer

Comment

Originally posted by hotkisa
                              Treat it as a business.
                              Come to work at the same time each day.
                              Take a lunch each day and leave work at the same time each day.
                              Do this even though your "workplace" is onle a few feet away from the couch at your home.
                              If you don't so this you will surely burn out in no time flat.
                              Yes it is OK to sometimes put in some "overtime". But remember, this is a job, not your life.

IMHO....

This is the advice I need to take. I find myself at my PC for long hours, trading, studying, researching, backtesting. I must also take the above advice, and take weekends off. And here I am on a sunny Saturday afternoon !

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X