I have a dilemma :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a dilemma :)

Is it possible to trade relaying only on Technical Analyses... or are we fooling our self's.... do we need to combine it with Fundamentals? (I don't mean avoiding the news )

How many of you do that? Fundamentals and Technical....

How many only Technical? And do you still have success?

Thank you all

Barbara

Re: I have a dilemma

Hi Barbara,

It depend on individual. There are traders who use TA only and FA only, and yet they trade
    well and successfully. Example are Jill Roger in FA and Ed Seykota in TA.

I believe trading is a probability game that need lot of discipline, patient and right mindset.
    Master them and u master the game like those master or guru in this game.

Personally, I refer TA as all is in the chart.

Just my own personal comment. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

i agree with learningfx. it's a matter of personal preference and style.

Comment

Each person has his/her own way of trading. It all depends honestly on you and how much you feel comfortable. I tend to be more Technical than fundamental because I feel it is better for me.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

Best wishes,

Comment

Hi,
          i use only TA.
          i earn money by using Expert Advisors.
          these days, i know by seeing chart that there was a big news before several hours.

this is my style since Aug. 2008.

Comment

Ciao,
            I am a TA and believe that all FA is dynamically factored into the market.
            I also believe that the market behaves as a crowd which can be analyzed in the same way that inferential statistics can, say, predict viral activity. >-

Comment

Hi,

Fundamentals are important but still the news are driving the markets without taking care for the fundamentals. On that point I guest news-trading with ta is a god possibillity

Comment

I like all you opinions, hope we will have even more inputs on this

Kind regards

Barbara

Comment

as most of them has mentioned, it's all up to individual. U can try out both FA and TA and see which of the 2 do you feel more comfortable with and move on from there

Comment

I have been trading using indicators..for few months..nothing really suit me. When try the news, it works just that the heart beat faster.. more nervous. Dunno yet which is the best... any idea?

Comment

Trade relaying only on Technical Analyses is more effective, because the different traders interprets the fundamentals differently.

Comment

I was developing my system for 7-8 months and now i finally realized trading trough simple technical analysis
                        is much better. I don't know English perfectly and I don't understand news and announcements, so I'll take care of
                        fundamental analysis later. I think that TA is enough alone.
                        In my experience the best thing you can do in tech analysis is to use chart patterns
                        double/multiple tops and bottoms. Use this chart patterns combined with drawing support and
                        resistance lines (previous highs and lows) and you will get a 80-90% winning chance.
                        The first time that I used this strategy i earned 96 pips in one trade (M15 graph, the trade lasted less than an hour).
                        It's pretty simple and very profitable. I hope this will help.

Comment

For shorter timeframe the TA is better. I think the fundamental analysis is for the long term traders (months or years).
                          The short term fundamental news instantly appear in the prices minutes after the news release.

Comment

The basics or Trading is higher the risk,Higher the profit.So avoid trading during News time & play it safe.Win a number of battles slowly so one day you can win a War.

Comment

Originally posted by Doms
                              I was developing my system for 7-8 months and now i finally realized trading trough simple technical analysis
                              is much better. I don't know English perfectly and I don't understand news and announcements, so I'll take care of
                              fundamental analysis later. I think that TA is enough alone.
                              In my experience the best thing you can do in tech analysis is to use chart patterns
                              double/multiple tops and bottoms. Use this chart patterns combined with drawing support and
                              resistance lines (previous highs and lows) and you will get a 80-90% winning chance.
                              The first time that I used this strategy i earned 96 pips in one trade (M15 graph, the trade lasted less than an hour).
                              It's pretty simple and very profitable. I hope this will help.
                              In which pair my friend ? Can you give a screenshoot of your charts please ?

Thanks.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X