Free StrataSearch

daya

Yes it is true! See the details from their page:

"StrataSearch is being discontinued, but is currently FREE to anyone and everyone. You may download the unlimited version below, and use it on as many computers as you'd like, for as long as you'd like. Be aware that support is no longer available. This free version may also be removed at any time, so please download soon."

http://www.stratasearch.com/download/StrataSearch_v450.exe

Installation Instructions:

1. When you click on the download button, a window will ask you where to save the file.

Make a note of this directory and click "Save."

2. Once the download has completed, open Windows Explorer from the Start Menu and

locate the directory you selected.

3. Double-click the downloaded file, and follow the InstallShield instructions.

Hurry!

Thanx + REPUTATION to Daya, for the software :D

Thnx to Banner for the manual.... :)

******************* Infos about WHY this software is discontinued / Extracted from their forum ****************

[h=3]StrataSearch Discontinued (http://www.stratasearch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1334#p5824)[/h] http://www.stratasearch.com/forum/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://www.stratasearch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5824#p5824)by Overload (http://www.stratasearch.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:32 pm

After nearly 15 years, StrataSearch is being discontinued. While I believe it remains an outstanding application with features not seen elsewhere, its foundation of Windows XP technology has simply become too much of a burden to maintain. And rather than exert great effort on outdated technology, it's time to instead focus on the future.

Yes, I am working on a StrataSearch replacement that's going to be incredibly cool. But... that's really all I can say about that for now.

Instead, I extend a thanks to the many, many users I've worked with over the years that have offered excellent ideas, supportive comments, and general help in making StrataSearch better. I hope StrataSearch has been (and continues to be) a helpful tool in your investing and trading library.

For a limited time, I have made a free version of StrataSearch available to the public. Please visit the Download page and download your copy soon, as the free version may be removed at any time. Existing subscribers, your free subscriptions will be extended through the end of August, but will then expire. While I could extend your existing subscriptions indefinitely, forcing you to deal with the expiration ensures you'll download the free version while it's available. Should you ever need to move to a new computer at some point in the future, a copy of the free version will be necessary.

Technical support will also be coming to an end, as will the forum. While new posts may no longer be allowed, the forum will remain available as an archive for a limited time. If there are any code samples or other bits of information you wish to keep, now is the time to save them.

Again, thanks for the many great years. I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing you all again at the official release of...

Best,

Pete

Edited by Shenong

They are flash files and can be downloaded as such. View the 'Source' if you are in IE and note the .swf file. Append the name to the file which points to the vide. Copy the whole URL to a download manager and you can get it.

How could I download/save these -possibly as .mp4?

But thanks for the link

Is there a way to download only 1 or 2 stocks, just to give it a try?

There is a possibility to get data in ASCII format, so I guess you could download data of 1 or 2 symbols in your NT and then use the export as text format functionality. After that, you can try to import this file as ASCII in StrataSearch... I did not try this procedure, just a guess...

There is a possibility to get data in ASCII format, so I guess you could download data of 1 or 2 symbols in your NT and then use the export as text format functionality. After that, you can try to import this file as ASCII in StrataSearch... I did not try this procedure, just a guess...

yes its correct . had ability to import data

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Could someone please post an archive of the stratasearch forum?

Thanks for your help.

I have used several GA programs and find Stratasearch in portfolio mode has good OOS results.

I think because it works on portfolios there is less chance for overfitting.

Edited by rwst