Tradestation Working version - Any links pls

kesk

Thanks guys, I have managed to download v8.7 and 9 with the .net . V9 still requires a login info and 8.7 is cr@cked.

However, I am not able to import the Metastock data into TS. I am sure 100% I have used TS with MS Data a while ago but not sure why it is not importing now.

Looking in the internet, I find that it requires an attribute.ini and custexchg.txt file but even after that, it wont import data.

Any ideas?

Looking in the internet, I find that it requires an attribute.ini and custexchg.txt file but even after that, it wont import data.

Any ideas?

you are close to your solution, give sometime as i am not in office , perhaps could help you next week. You are right, MS data can be imported / made use of ....

Meanwhile for setup and medicine check if CABAFX can help as they were having

Tradestation 9.0 Build 8768 + OnDemand Server for eSignal & IQFeed + ASCII

=================================================================

Importing Metastock EOD data

open TS offline.

click File> New> Window. In window click tool > chart analysis

an empty window will open. right click empty window, then click format symbol. in format symbol

click lookup>add .

in add/ edit change type to metastockand click browse and goto the metastock data folder on local Machine.

In prefix type MY click ok. now symbol list will appear select any symbol eg MSFT click ok

Now select interval to Daily, Weekly etc. in range select first and last dates select time zone to Exchange. click ok

Edited by FFRT

Finally, I had a backup copy of the metastock data in one of my HDDs and found the following info.

attributes.ini

SYMBOL,CATEGORY,DATE FORMAT,EXCHANGE,PRICE SCALE,MINIMUM MOVEMENT,BIG POINT VALUE,SESSION 1 START TIME,SESSION 1 END TIME,SESSION 1 DAYS,DESCRIPTION,SESSION 2 START TIME,SESSION 2 END TIME,SESSION 2 DAYS,OPTION TYPE,STRIKE PRICE,DAILY LIMIT,MARGIN,EXPIRATION DATE,LOCALE

DEFAULT,STOCK,,NSE,1/100,1,1,0930,1600,MTWRF,"acc",,,,,,,,,0xC09

custexchg.txt

NSE,50

Create new files as above (attributes.ini and custexchg.txt) and copy the contents to these files. Then copy these files to the folders where Metastock data is located. It is important that these files are copied to each of the data folder (when used with the Traverse folder option is used in the Downloader). The attributes.ini file may be copied to the \CAL folder where TS is installed. MS data can be only EOD data and NOT INTRADAY data hence change the time scale to Day. Now data is imported.

When I started to search for TS, it was for testing the automated strategy created by another program. However, the script generated by the program is 10 whereas I have 8. Not compatible!. Got a big disappointment.

Any chance for the latest version of TS?

Any chance for the latest version of TS?

In my opinion there are three vars:

1. Looking for TS 10 . I don't meet cured version yet.

2. Looking for people who has TS 10 subscription and ask him to test Your system.

3. Try to recovery source from .eld of TS 10 and recompile it for TS 8.x