Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elliott Wave Theory and right rule about Wave 4. A clarification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliott Wave Theory and right rule about Wave 4. A clarification.

I often read two different versions about this rule:
    1. Wave 4 doesn't have to overlap the range territory of Wave 1
    2. Wave 4 doesn't have to overlap the range territory of Wave 2

and these two versions doesn't mean the same thing, since if Wave 2 is an expanded flat its "range territory" goes well above the end of Wave 1.
    If Wave 4 overlaps the final part of Wave B of an expanded flat is still the wave count correct?

So I am asking which one is the correct version of EWT rule about Wave 4 (I think #1)
    Last edited by Minion; 10-04-18, 20:04.

Two Impulse types allow the intersection of wave 4 and 1:

- Diagonal Triangle Type 1
    and
    - Diagonal Triangle Type 2

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nnf1ha

Sixer

Comment

OK, thanks for the files, but why do they say that "Wave 4 cannot enter the price territory of Wave 2"?

Wouldn't it be more correct to say "Wave 4 cannot enter the price territory of Wave 1"?
      If Wave 4 enters in the territory of a Wave B of of an expanded flat (=Wave 2) without entering into the price territory of Wave 1, is still the count correct?

For what it counts, Prechter (in the Elliott Wave book) talks about Wave 4 ... into the price territory of Wave 1 (and not 2)
      And the Elliott Wave Crash Course that you posted talks about Wave 1, while the Elliott Wave Guidelines also posted talk about Wave 2
      Why two different interpretations for one simple rule?
      Last edited by Minion; 19-06-17, 13:55.

Comment

If this happens, your count as an impulse is wrong - you have to consider a corrective pattern and no impulse pattern.

Sixer

Comment

Minion, did you ever find an answer why there are two different views of the this rule?

Comment

Originally posted by yandaPaur View Post
            Minion, did you ever find an answer why there are two different views of the this rule?
            The answer I found is that

this is the RULE
            Wave 4 doesn't have to overlap the range territory of Wave 1

this is a STRONG GUIDELINE
            Wave 4 doesn't have to overlap the range territory of Wave 2

The RULE must never be violated
            The STRONG GUIDELINE should not be violated, meaning that one has to see if other counts are possible and prefer them, and consider the violation of the strong guideline only as a last resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Minion View Post
              The answer I found is that

this is the RULE
              Wave 4 doesn't have to overlap the range territory of Wave 1

this is a STRONG GUIDELINE
              Wave 4 doesn't have to overlap the range territory of Wave 2

The RULE must never be violated
              The STRONG GUIDELINE should not be violated, meaning that one has to see if other counts are possible and prefer them, and consider the violation of the strong guideline only as a last resource.
              Hi ! There is the difference between Rules and Guidelines. Rules must not be violated but guidelines are there to just guide you about some of the repeating wave behavior that most often get repeated but not mandatory that wave structure will always follow the Guidelines.

There are three rules and they are must not be violated. One of them as u asked is "No Portion of Wave 4 should enter the price territory of either wave 1 or wave 2".

There are there guidelines - And they are just guide and not a must have.

Guideline of Wave Equality,
              Guideline of Alternation,
              Guideline regarding Depth of Corrective Wave
              Last edited by tech1978; 30-03-18, 20:15.

Comment

@tech1978
                I know the difference, but somewhere I read what I wrote above.... maybe on lara Iriarte youtube videos ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ElliottWaveAnalysis/featured ) or Elliott_Trader's ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ElliottTrader/videos?disable_polymer=1 )

Someone called it a "strong" guideline, and explained what I re-posted here

Comment

Found... page 231 of Gorman & Kennedy - Visual Guide to Elliott Wave Trading

Comment

Originally posted by Minion View Post
                    Found... page 231 of Gorman & Kennedy - Visual Guide to Elliott Wave Trading
                    They are just way of expression from different authors or experts.

Either one say that Strong Guidelines and weak guidelines or one may divide mandatory wave behavior into rules and optional one into guidelines. So please don't get much into it.

Point remains same - Some rules are mandatory and they must not be violated and other like guidelines or you can also say optional rules which most of time occur but not a mandatory that they will occur always.
                    Last edited by tech1978; 31-03-18, 08:59.

Comment

Let me repeat my opinion about this subject:

If an intersection of wave "4" and "1" occurs, change to a corrective count and consider higher time frame too.

Sixer
                      Last edited by Sixer; 31-03-18, 09:34.

Comment

Do you really have time or patience to use EWs on very small time frames?

Comment

[QUOTE=Sixer;443725]Let me repeat my opinion about this subject:

If an intersection of wave "4" and "1" occurs, change to a corrective count and consider higher time frame too.

Absolutely Sir. If intersection occurs then either the wave count is wrong or it's a three wave corrective structure.Least consideration would be a Leading or Ending Diagonal but provided it complements the wave structure, has right no of internal waves and has right wedge shape.
                          Last edited by tech1978; 31-03-18, 15:19.

Comment

Agreed, LD, ED or corrective pattern.

Comment

nevermind...
                              Last edited by yandaPaur; 01-04-18, 02:16.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X