Administrator Array
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up A small change for Indo-investasi.com !

Hello dear indo-investasi.com community !
    My name is Dale and I am the new admin of this forum.
    I have started here a couple of months ago, observing the forum, managing and cleaning the spam invasion.
    I believe this is a nice forum with smart and gentle people, valuable and experienced members who spend time helping and sharing to move things forward.
    This forum is nevertheless underused and could be even more useful to traders.
    I am looking for motivated people to discuss and see what it is possible to do to make this forum evolve.
    Have you some precise expectations ?
    I think I will try to reorganize the forum, since many forums are now inactive. We have to deal also with the dmca requests which become more frequent.

You can post here any thoughts or contact me via pm.
    Have a good day.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale; 12-07-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,621 Times in 380 Posts

Two cents

I will try to reorganize the forum
    There's a monumental task.

Most threads have poor titles and descriptions and there are way too many duplicate threads, apparently because too many people do not search before they post. Some incentive is needed to encourage people to think before they post or discourage them from making inferior posts. But incentives or disincentives will not work with the current forum structure because it gives every member access to all shared resources, the member who shares little or nothing at all has as much access to forum resources as the member who shares a lot.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadfly For This Useful Post:

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Ok Dane , seem like then i am first one who doing you congratultion on becoming the Admin

Administrator Array
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your contribution Gadfly. I will see if we can make some access based on the thanks counter for example.

Thanks
    Another thing that would help would be to block search engine webcrawler access to forum threads so that shares posted here are not advertised to everyone on the ********* web. It invites trouble. Thank you.

Thanks

Tagging Dead Links

I suggest that threads with dead links be tagged. I see a lot of requests to reupload files but they are likely to go unnoticed if they are not marked in some way.

Maybe we could have a Jerry Garcia icon or some such that signifies "Dead Link" - a skull and roses?

By the way, I did not curse in my previous post: the ********* in ********* web referred to a commonly used name for the internet.

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks
    Congratulations Dale for taking this tasking Job.

Just my 2 cents, but unlike gadfly I would encourage you to not limit access. For me the best example of a good forex forum is the classic Forex Factory. They have survived for many years and are still doing well without creating tiered access. One of their strongest advantage over other forex forums is the "thread tools", especially the "file & Image attachments".

You don't find much discussion lately related to MT4/5 in II, though many forex enthusiasts are still using it. The forum has become more NT, astrological software and trading books oriented and one doesn't find much about MLQ here, especially about MT4/5 related non-repainting indicators, algorithmic trading and similar topics that may stir interest and traffic.

I would encourage you to visit Forex Station and see how Mladen built a well balanced forum with main areas of interest. It is huge task to undertake, but it's worthwhile.

As I said initially - just my 2 cents....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ylidor For This Useful Post: