Multicharts 9.1 - installation -

FXWallabie

Hi, I have installed last version of MC 9.1, in trial mode, but the studies and strategies don`t compile in PowerLanguage.

In the installation says:

The installer has detected that NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation registry key in HLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/FileSystem is set to 1.

It may cause a compiler issue: studies may not be compiled in PowerLanguage Editor.

Change regitry key to zero using "regedit"

Then I change to zero, and the software complete the installation, but when open MC 9.1 and PowerLanguage and I want compile any strategy or indicator don`t compile:((

I refer to strategies and indicators included in the program (they are not new strategies and indicators that I program).

Anyone know how to do for compile the studies?? :-?[-O<

Many Thanks

How could you do, Tostao?

Nothing in particular. Simply follow the instructions in the readme.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tzyavr

I even made the update on the previous 9.1 Build 12010 which is what I currently work in Windows7 64-b and everything was perfectly executed. All owners and native indicators were copiled and all configurations were safeguarded.

Edited by Tostao

I had installed previous version of MC9.1 on Windows 8.1, working perfectly...but when I installed Windows 10, LicEmu don`t work on MC9.1 new version.

I follow the instructions, in host files, I introduce mc85.pfx, Ok, but don`t work...any suggestion. The program open in trial version.

I believe that the problem is Win10.

I had installed previous version of MC9.1 on Windows 8.1, working perfectly...but when I installed Windows 10, LicEmu don`t work on MC9.1 new version.

I follow the instructions, in host files, I introduce mc85.pfx, Ok, but don`t work...any suggestion. The program open in trial version.

I believe that the problem is Win10.

works perfectly on mine but I have the 32 bit version of W10

Are you sure the host it's been changed correctly and the mods are still there?

Edited by rawos

I do not know what to say guys!! Works for me perfectly both W7 and W10.

in both operating systems I have installed the latest version, (Build 12411)

in W10 I did a clean install of the latest version (Build 12411) and in W7 I did an upgrade from the previous version.

Both ran in the compilation without problems. !!

Sorry I can not bring more light on the matter but here everything runs perfectly.

Finally, I could find the solution. =D>:)>-:-bd

Look link, of post #14

The problem is that the data path of the folder StudyServer, is too long; then I change this folder to C:\StudyServer\

For this, in MC9.1 go to: File - Preferences - Directories (page), and change the folder. Close the program; enable view hidden objects, and next go to C:\ProgramData - TSSupport - Multicharts64 - StudyServer and translate StudyServer folder to C:\StudyServer\

Remember translate the StudyServer folder, no copy and paste in C:\

StudyServer folder must be deleted in old location, if not don`t work.

Next reboot your PC, and try if the Studies compile.

In my case also I had to transfer to C:\ the folder TradingCenter because else it was impossible the loggin and connect with my account, and the data in real time kept out.

In order that changes have effect, close the MC9.1 and reboot your PC...and next try if work.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing in particular. Simply follow the instructions in the readme.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tzyavr

I even made the update on the previous 9.1 Build 12010 which is what I currently work in Windows7 64-b and everything was perfectly executed. All owners and native indicators were copiled and all configurations were safeguarded.

Thanks very much for your sharing Tostao... This version is fully functional ? In the sense that it can be programmed with Easylanguage , the indicators are active , accepts data in realtime ( I Interactive Brokers ) etc. ? Thanks again so much :)

Error

Installed everything as instructed.

Just launch Multicharts me this warning :

" The connection to the digital rights management system cannot be established. Multicharts will be launched without authorization. Mo real-time data will be available."

It 's normal and everything ok ?

So for Data Real Time you can do nothing ?

Thanks so much

Installed everything as instructed.

Just launch Multicharts me this warning :

" The connection to the digital rights management system cannot be established. Multicharts will be launched without authorization. Mo real-time data will be available."

It 's normal and everything ok ?

So for Data Real Time you can do nothing ?

Thanks so much

the error probably occurs because the emu has not been started! (be sure to click start when the emu window emerges)

And Yes this version is fully functional. ( I have 3 sources of data in real time and everything works ok)

Regards,

the error probably occurs because the emu has not been started! (be sure to click start when the emu window emerges)

And Yes this version is fully functional. ( I have 3 sources of data in real time and everything works ok)

Regards,

Thanks very much for your kind reply and for sharing everything ..

:)

• 1 month later...
Hi, can someone please explain how to use licemu? I tried to start it, but it says that tried to access a socket in a way forbidden...

I am on win10 64bit

ok, i have solved. Port 80 must be free...I already knew it, but even after closing all application accessing internet there was a system process listening on port 80 (to check processes and ports, execute from commando prompt "netstat -ano").

To close the system process on port 80 (http management services), execute from command prompt "net stop http". that's all!

ok, i have solved. Port 80 must be free...I already knew it, but even after closing all application accessing internet there was a system process listening on port 80 (to check processes and ports, execute from commando prompt "netstat -ano").

To close the system process on port 80 (http management services), execute from command prompt "net stop http". that's all!

Hi Eros, how kind of data feed do you use ? You have tried to connect with Webank ? I have several problems in that running.