SL and reverse points

Winjak

Hello everybody!

As I noticed that the stop loss points I use, are almost everytime the reverse points of the trend. I wonder if you use stop points as reverse points to 'reverse' your trade and ride it in the other way?

I looked my trades of the last periods, and I saw that almost everytime all stop loss points my system gives are also the reverse points of the trend.

This means that you'll make 300-400 pips a week instead of 150-200?

Or should I use the stops as entries?

Or my trading system is not correct at all?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everybody!

As I noticed that the stop loss points I use, are almost everytime the reverse points of the trend. I wonder if you use stop points as reverse points to 'reverse' your trade and ride it in the other way?

I looked my trades of the last periods, and I saw that almost everytime all stop loss points my system gives are also the reverse points of the trend.

This means that you'll make 300-400 pips a week instead of 150-200?

Or should I use the stops as entries?

Or my trading system is not correct at all?

I think you use incorrect timeframes to use Stop losses. If you trade on 5M timeframe, set your SL using 15M timeframe near its S/R zones. The higher is timeframe the less is a chance the price will hit your SL.