Fibonacci Stategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibonacci Stategy

Which are the most common indicators used in conjunction with the Fobonacci Strategy?

Re: Fibonacci Stategy

Originally posted by Davef8
    Which are the most common indicators used in conjunction with the Fobonacci Strategy?
    In my opinion, Fibonacci Strategy is well suitable with pattern analysis and wave analysis.

Comment

I like the idea of fibonacci based trading but the rules always seem to subjective. I can see price move around these areas but I have never seen clear cut precise rules for trading fibs. IMHO.

Comment

One of the best Fibonacci levels that is often overlooked is the .786 level which is the square root of .618. I think banks and institutions use this level to run the stops of everyone that bought the .618. Check it out - price often reverses at this level.

Comment

One of the best Fibonacci levels that is often overlooked is the .786 level which is the square root of .618. I think banks and institutions use this level to run the stops of everyone that bought the .618. Check it out - price often reverses at this level.

Comment

I use 0 and 100 for support/resistance then wait for a break of either. This most often than not will lead to price moving to at least the 138.2 extension. The best entries are when price retraces to the inner levels - 38.2, 50 or 61.8 after the break before hitting target. Also RR is better as stop is on the other side of the opposite level eg south of support if trading a resistance break.

Comment

Originally posted by melinda
              Yep, the .786 level is a major retracement used a lot in the Dynamic Trader workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by Davef8
                Well you can use moving averages crossing with Fibonacci too
                I mean when something like when the price retrace from some fibo level and 2 or more averages crossed each other can be used as a signal for trade

Comment

Hi

I am also keen with fibonacci trading strategy. Currently using the break of 78.6% for
                  entry to aim for 127.7%, but the Risk reward ratio(RRR) is not good.

Anyone got any good advises or comment on how to solve the RRR issue.

Comment

Fibonacci retracement / expansion is useless without The wave principle, if you ask me.

Comment

I'm reading about Fibonacci during a month. but still understand nothing how to use it. I understand the principle, but cant imagine how to trade

Comment

The Fibo strategy used to work, but now that everyone is using it, brokers are taking advantage by running the stops. The brokers seem to know exactly where we have placed our stops. So day traders beware. For position traders who can afford large stop losses it still works. If any one says the fibo strategy works in day trading, it is only in hindsight. It is better to enter at breakouts of highs and lows sometimes.

Comment

If someone wants to trade based on fibonacci, then he should read the of Carolyn Boroden. it gives very good method

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X