Advance MACD methods

Hi,

I am looking for Systems, ideas, articles & books on how to apply MACD in modern technical analysis.

One of the book by it's original author ( Understanding MACD ), republished in 2008 seems pretty outdated & very basic stuff.

I would appreciate any & all ideas, articles, systems using MACD & books.

Please post Links or PM me links.

Thank You

George

Edited by georgetok

best idea i can give you is DO NOT USE LAGGING INDICATORS like macd and the rest of the family.

They all look wonderful backward and you will find many amazing trades here and there- but at the end of the day specifically on a choppy day

or a very strong move which is one directional where divergence is worthless you will lose everything you gained plus.

so do yourself a favor and dont look for easy simple great and red solutions.

just my two cents

Traderbeauty-Jane

Jane,

You are absolutely right & I am not looking for just one indicator or for that matter any other lagging oscillators by themselves to come up with a holy grail.

But I am open to any ideas that some of the very experienced, kind & helpful members that I have come across in this forum. This is one of a kind forum like no others.

I am amazed how members are going out of their way to help others with their valuable time & as a moderator you are doing a fantastic job of keeping this forum for the purpose it was designed for.

Looking forward to many visit & contribute whatever I can.

Thank You Jane for your wisdom & hard work.

George

I've come across many paid services that use MACD as part of their indicator signals. They usually combine a fast and slow MACD together. They rely on finding divergences. This can work but it is very imprecise. It tells you that there is a trend. But the start and end of the trend can be very choppy. I have found stochastic indicators to be much better for exit and entries to a trend.

A weapon in the hands of the untrained doesn't necessarily qualify him as a Soldier.

If you wield a sword, that doesnt equate you being a Samurai. What about the training on the methods of using this sword?

There are indicators which can be useful to ones trading. Pick those which you favor and know how to use them to supplement your trading.

Hi learningfx,

I have my own set of preferred indicators that I deal with depending on the type of trading I am doing; whether it is stock trading or forex trading. I also resort to trading without indicators when I am scalping and at other times, I do use a combo of indicators for scalping too.

It's more about the context you are using the indicators in. Idea is to pick something and become proficient in using it.