Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scalping...is this a waste of time or can you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalping...is this a waste of time or can you....

I have looked at Scalping in depth. Here and there you find some really good ideas, products and services.

What worries me about scalping is of this is NOT automated....unless you are super consistant...one will not be able to have for example a 3:1 win to loss ration all the time.

From what I understand you need to have consistant results to call it a system...else it is gambling.

What do you think?

Re: Scalping...is this a waste of time or can you....

i think scalping is not waste of time, we are rish

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesnz
      I have looked at Scalping in depth. Here and there you find some really good ideas, products and services.

What worries me about scalping is of this is NOT automated....unless you are super consistant...one will not be able to have for example a 3:1 win to loss ration all the time.

From what I understand you need to have consistant results to call it a system...else it is gambling.

What do you think?
      Scalping can give us huge profit if it is done properly, automatically and using the right system... plus assuming that we are using an honest brokers or pure ECN..

Comment

Chaki123

Can you suggest the right system for scalping please?

Comment

THV V3system works with the 1M TF and 5M TF...Try it

Comment

Depends on the scalping method being used. Some scalping methods use large (>200 pip) stop losses. I believe these type of scalping methods are bogus. One loss wipes out weeks of profit. If you have a scalping method with a decent take profit/stop loss (efficiency) ratio, scalping works pretty well.

This all depends on your broker too. Bad spreads or execution will kill any scalping strategy.

Comment

thank you indo-investasi... now i become a better trader...
              Last edited by dr0o69; 07-08-10, 02:53.

Comment

There is also FAP Turbo an scalping EA, haven't tried it but some people are getting good results.

Comment

scalping needs very high level of skill, if you know HOW, you will get what you want! After god will.

Best,

Comment

Scalping seemed easy until I tried it

Comment

Originally posted by dr0o69
                      @jacquesnz
                      I would say that it is best to know what kind of personality you are before you choose what kind of trading style you want to adopt. I myself believe that every people can do any of trading style but the question is whether they are 'comfort' using it or not.
                      This is very true.. too bad i'm not a scalping type, last time when i was still trying scalping, i got good profit but huge loss..
                      Now i prefer swing and EA..

Anyway, my point is that you better know what kind of trader personality you are.

Comment

to scalp you must master tyour system and know when you click that your odds are in your favor

this can be accomplished best by trading the M S/R points and price action.Throw on your favorite SMA for trend and it really is not hard........................problem is most people have no patience to wait for the trade, they trade to be trading

Comment

To have good scalp trades you must have a platform which gives you tik data, 1M TF is not a good TF for pro-scalp !

Comment

Hi Jacuesnze, I am not experienced enough to answer your question, but it seems to me that scalping would be good only in the busy hours of trading. It seems like the off market hours is a playground for unscrupulous brokers. Do you ever notice that you find a trade that fit all the criteria of a perfect trade according to you system guidelines, and then as soon as you open the trade, the pip movement stops and all of a sudden the trade goes against you? And when you exit the trade with a loss, once again pip movement stops for a while and the market movement starts to retrace and continue in it's original direction. This seems to happen much, much more during the hours that the markets are slow. When the market is moving in full force, the brokers are too busy with the big money boys to pay you any attention. Please tell this newbie what you think about my theory. I need all the advice that I can get. Thank You in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Burro
                              Scalping seemed easy until I tried it
                              To me scalping is one trading style,if you can do it profitably ,go ahead.it works

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X