Metatrader 5

Please I´d like to know how this is gonna change our lives. For bad and good of course.

I have several EA. Many of them are paid.

Do you think that these ones will going to work on this new platform?

Dont you think that can be a way for excluding some of profitable EA´s? Am I just paranoid?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Metatrader 5

Please I´d like to know how this is gonna change our lives. For bad and good of course.

I have several EA. Many of them are paid.

Do you think that these ones will going to work on this new platform?

Dont you think that can be a way for excluding some of profitable EA´s? Am I just paranoid?

Thanks a lot.

I'm sorry to tell that all your EAs won't run under MT5, because 2 reasons. Firstly MQL5 is not backward compatible with MQL4 and most importantly the MT5 has totally changed how the order positions work.

• 3 weeks later...

MQL5 Manual draft released

For those who are interested in the upcoming MT5/MQL5 platform, the draft version of reference guide has been released. Unfortunately it is in Russian language only. Here is the link

http://forum.mql4.com/ru/24747

Disclaim: I don't know Russian, so please don't ask me to translate.. But we can use Google translation services here.

http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

Re: MQL5 Manual draft released

I think it's still too early to look at MQL5 stuff...

I have confidence that MQL5'll be better anyway, introducing more complex data structures and OO concept will only be welcome by more developers.

(I prefer to debug in Visual Studio directly, though.)

Re: MQL5 Manual draft released

One thing is missing from the manual is the trading functions. I suspect that was the main reason of the delay of the beta testing. Probably in process of complete re-writing that part of code as too many people complained about the lack of hedging and control of individual positions...