How to avoid slippage?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for your explaination but could long TP/SL reduce slippage?

Take profit or Stop loss cannot reduce your loss in case of slippages. Broker process your orders at the first available price after gap, that mean your loss, closed on S/L, can be more than you set and profit, closed on T/P, can be less or negative. To reduce slippages you can set maximum deviation in points from the current price in case broker has Instant execution type, if Market - no chances.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We must try to find a broker which has normal trading conditions. In my trade with the fresh forex, I never had sudden requotes. And orders never slow down, do not spoil my nerves. Withdrawal also works fine: many options of electronic payment systems, there are credit cards as well.

If you are trading with a good broker then generally these things doesn't happen, brokers with poor systems tend to do such things.

• 2 weeks later...
Slippage is very common with most brokers, is there anyway to handle it in real trading?

as far as i know, in ECN Brokers like Tickmill, slipage happens because in their liquidity provider , no order can counter your order

for example you order buy at 0.7000 but in that area in brokers liquidity , there is no sell order to counter your trade, and the nearest sell order is at 0.7006 , so you will have slipage. because forex trading is a trading, we need a sell order if we are buy, and vice versa

• 4 weeks later...
yeah i would say there is no avoiding it, but i guess it hits scalpers the most, and trades with larger lot sizes. we just have to adapt and make it work. but be warry of some slippage (those that are quite suspisious) coz brokers like fxcm and alpari was fined for it. they abuse it i guess.

there are pretty much obvious slippage, but some traders tend to abuse the refund/reimbursement, but i guess fxcm and alpari got fined for abusing NFP releases so, if its that obvious then contact the broker. but there is no avoiding it really

Yeah that's because true STP brokers like Hotforex are mediators and they can't control or modify the feed they receive and refer to a trader. So if there some problem pops up, don't hesitate to touch base with broker support to seek compensation.

• 1 year later...
Guest Mohamad Tammat
If you don`t want slippages, find a broker with Instant Execution method. But in this case, you`ll face with requotes. Slippages are normal for Forex market, I think, it is smth, you should accept and deal with.

• 3 months later...
I don't know but i think this is not in our control. If there is slippage then what can we do? I don't think there is any way to avoid it apart from joining better broker....

Sometimes it is out of your control but you can do the following to avoid it.

1) Choose a reliable forex broker who does not trade against you.

2) Try not to trade when the market is super fast.

For me this works well.

• 2 months later...
We just need right broker. I believe slippage can be horrible and I have faced it recently with ForexMart, as it was horrible for me with their service which made me lose a lot. So, it is absolutely vital that we avoid such broker.

Thanks for sharing could you describe your trading trouble with details, so we won't make same mistakes and improve together

We just need right broker. I believe slippage can be horrible and I have faced it recently with ForexMart, as it was horrible for me with their service which made me lose a lot. So, it is absolutely vital that we avoid such broker.

Yeah they advertise low spreads but when trade during volatility their order fills are unpredictable :(. Couldn't figure out time when scalping is possible with them so after 3 months of tests moved on Hotforex zero spread account and it feels much better, although need more time to make sure they don't cheat too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...