No announcement yet.

How to avoid slippage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is necessary to select the normal broker, and select system, which avoids slippage during opening and closing deals. Therefore, you can minimizing loss of funds for each deal.

Comment

If you don`t want slippages, find a broker with Instant Execution method. But in this case, you`ll face with requotes. Slippages are normal for Forex market, I think, it is smth, you should accept and deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ramsay
        I don't know but i think this is not in our control. If there is slippage then what can we do? I don't think there is any way to avoid it apart from joining better broker....
        Sometimes it is out of your control but you can do the following to avoid it.

1) Choose a reliable forex broker who does not trade against you.
        2) Try not to trade when the market is super fast.

For me this works well.

Comment

Originally posted by HollerAndreas View Post
          Sometimes it is out of your control but you can do the following to avoid it.

1) Choose a reliable forex broker who does not trade against you.
          2) Try not to trade when the market is super fast.

For me this works well.
          Hi
          What's your broker?
          thanks.

Comment

We just need right broker. I believe slippage can be horrible and I have faced it recently with ForexMart, as it was horrible for me with their service which made me lose a lot. So, it is absolutely vital that we avoid such broker.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamGilchrist View Post
              We just need right broker. I believe slippage can be horrible and I have faced it recently with ForexMart, as it was horrible for me with their service which made me lose a lot. So, it is absolutely vital that we avoid such broker.
              Thanks for sharing could you describe your trading trouble with details, so we won't make same mistakes and improve together

Comment

Originally posted by AdamGilchrist View Post
                Yeah they advertise low spreads but when trade during volatility their order fills are unpredictable . Couldn't figure out time when scalping is possible with them so after 3 months of tests moved on Hotforex zero spread account and it feels much better, although need more time to make sure they don't cheat too

Comment

A good idea is to first check with your Forex broker to see how much slippage you are going to face in case price open up with a Gap or due to some news announcement.

Comment

Don't trade. That's how you avoid slippage.

On a more constructive perspective though, as far as brokers' integrity go like what the other shared, it is important to understand it also depends on the way you trade. Depending on that, at times, slippage is actually a good sign.

Comment

Use limit orders to get out of most of your profitable trades. If you need in or out of a position immediately, use a market order. When placing a stop loss, use a market order. Market orders are prone slippage, but a small amount of slippage is worth it if we need to get in or out quickly.

Comment

Limit orders slip into the trader's favor. Stop orders slip into a trader's loss. You should also avoid stop orders when trading metals, including stop losses. Metals always and at each broker slip very strongly.

Comment

To avoid splipage, the best thing to do is to change and experiment with different brokers around. Test many brokers and see where you will get least slipage...

Comment

To help eliminate or reduce slippage, traders use limit orders instead of market orders. A limit order only fills at the price you want, or better. Unlike a market order, it won't fill at a worse price. By using a limit order you avoid slippage.

Comment

Um, wear track shoes?

Comment

Trade a liquid market and don´t trade during news.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X