Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Scalping

Hi All...

I have just written a blog base on this idea from the forum thread Why Do Traders Lose?
    http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic ... 58&start=0

Particularly from a comment by Ikhnaton
    Originally posted by Ikhnaton
    If you're the 90% of the bunch which always loses his trades ...... reverse your buy and sell buttons ..... click buy when u want to sell and click sell when u want to buy .... you will double your account by the time you get broke ..... haha

It was pretty interesting and it might probably be true.. I want to bounce this idea a little bit more to see if this could actually work meaning reverse these losing trades to a more profitable trade...

The idea is that if I can manage to change a not profitable or a money losing EA to sell when it is suppose to buy and buy when it is suppose to sell... with stop loss and take profit inter changed, it would probably work no?? I mean logically and ideally that is what Ikhnaton means.

I mean think about it... Doesn't this make sense. If we can get a robot to work this way... then I think we might have a profitable account.... because losses would be profits and profits would be losses... Since a losing EA has more losses then profits then it just makes sense that we change the BUY / SELL button the other way round no?

Would really be great to share your thoughts...

Re: Reverse Scalping

creative thinking but requires a lots of guts

Comment

what a thought =D> makes a lot of sense, but yes, it takes tons of courages and guts. i think we should start listing worst ea ever exist on the planet and start the reversing process. i think u should give your idea a try

Comment

This thinking presupposes that all the profit and loss originates soley with the EA strategy in question.. What about the other obstacles to extracting profit such as variable spreads, dealing desk broker business models and other external influences as to why the market moves the way it does?

Comment

Unfortunately...
          I automated the L*T v1.5 robot and tested it in a demo ecn account - it blew up.
          I then added a nonlagma v7.1, as a filter - it blew up.
          I then added a reverse buy/sell strategy - it still blew up.

So, at least with my attempts, on this ea, reversing buy with sell failed miserably.

Comment

EAs with a reverse feature say quite a lot about the confidence of their programmer... I wouldn't even touch an EA with it. In the past, I tried modifying in this way several open source EAs that were constantly losing, but the results were really bad, due to the lack of a proper exit strategy.

Comment

Trading against the trend is always very dangerous. Anyway, there are counter trend strategies that are successful, simply because the trader with great experience and good intuition can find the turning point for a retracement and pick up some pips. Sometimes the counter trend scalper can catch up the trend reversal as well...

Comment

tried this reverse idea years ago and surprisingly lost about the same amount. There is a lesson here but not sure what it is.

Comment

if market has a cycle like sin/cos chart , then we can do it . but market is dynamic and there is no chance to revers any trading method to increase win positions !

Comment

I wrote several ea's that worked by reverse trend; they worked well for a while but all of them blew the accounts in the end! The only way to use it is to have very strict entry rules.

Comment

The market repeats a narrow buying and selling trend and a long buuuying and seeelling trend. if you find the both of the beginning of the trend, you can get rich! It is an eternal theme.

Comment

If you have an unconsistent EA, reversing it you get probably a more inconsistent one, the problem isn't to buy or to sell, but WHEN Buy or Sell, entry end exit timing

Comment

Taking the opposite trade signal that a inconsitent EA generates should be profitable, doesn't it?

Comment

Instead of using "Reverse Sclaping" concept, I prefer to use "Reverse the position if the stops has been triggered"

Comment

There is a lesson here but not sure what it is.I then added a nonlagma v7.1, as a filter - it blew up.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X