Programming a "file read" and then execute EA possible?

spike123

Hey,

is it possible or is there an EA that oes the following...

I have a text file on my pc or on a webserver or anywhere else with entry sl and tp prices.

Is there an EA or could anyone make an EA that checks a specific file every 5 minuites (for example) and if there are

prices entered will execute these as pending orders with the tp and sl mentioned in the file automaticly?

Would be also awesome if the EA could close all trades at a specific time if sl or tp wasn´t hit.

Hope you could understand what im searching for...

Ok shortly:

1. Text file on computer or webserver (better)

2. EA checks file every X minuites for new content

3. Someone puts new prices in the file for example

buy EURUSD 1.3213 SL 1.13113 TP 1.4213

4. EA will check there are new numbers inside the file and exectue these as pending orders with the numbers shown above.

5. Job done.. possible to tell EA to close the trades at Time X when the SL or TP wasn´t hit.. (possible to turn on/off)..

Someone has something like that or could help me with that?

i dont give much help, i;m not a coder actually, while i also develop my own EA. got my code wrote by some friends.

regarding your issue, it would be difficult to extract a entry signal from word processor software, for example notepad or else.

it may possible when you put it on excel, as we know mt4 platform are also capable to export data feed to excel, it should may works the opposite just my thought.

othere option is, use semi automatic EA type, which means an EA which control your active order, it would be easy that way. the pending order are put manually and the rest should taking care by ea logic, it fully capable to turn your order logic into automatic trade management system.