Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Email notification problem

I was sure where to post this but I am having an email notification problem. For some reason I cannot get email notifications for any subscribed thread or PM's that I receive. I have everything set to send to my email but nothing get delivered. I looked in spam and theres nothing there either. Its a yahoo account, any ideas?

Thanks
    I get mine on gmail account without a problem.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    No problem here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 166 Posts
    I registered here twice but could not receive the forum member activation email at two different email addresses, Yahoo being one of them. I was finally only able to receive it at a gmail account.

This is a definite problem that the admins should look into. It is likely that many people who register here are unable to activate their membership, but you'd never hear them complain because they cannot sign in and post anything.

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks
    I also can't get the activation email for several addresses. I can only use facebook log in now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 166 Posts
    This problem kept me locked out of the forum for quite a while. The other day I tried changing my email address to a temporary address (e.g., a 10 minute mail address) and then changed it back to my preferred email, and I was finally sent the required confirmation email to verify my email address. This did not work when I tried it before, so maybe the problem has been corrected.

The system appears to store every permanent email address you've ever used and if you try to use any of them again, it will tag it as a "spam address" and reject it. But using a temporary throw-a-way address, as I described, worked for me.

I want to publicly thank TraderBeauty for all of her help in trying to get my account verified again, she put a lot of effort into it, although we're not sure if anything she did made the difference - it's still a bit of a mystery.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to trellis For This Useful Post:

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Thank you trellis, I finally got the confirmation email by using temporary mailbox.