The comming MT4 (beta) a new FX Frankenstein?

New MT4 Frankenstein?

The next build of Metatrader will NOT BE COMPATIBLE with a lot of scripts, including these tools.

Make a backup copy of your Metatrader directory NOW for preparation of the next release (Always a good idea, look at the recent compiler issue). Here is the news release from their website:

A New Metatrader 4 Build Will Not Be Compatible

It seems that the build 509 is the last build in the current development branch. And I guess it remains to be the only available for the next couple of months.

The new build(s) is currently in beta testing phase and it comes with completely replaced scripting engine and compiler. Though it claims backward compatibility, the compatibility applies only to the pure MQL4 scripts, which were compiled by any of the previous compilers. The new compiler won't compile the recent source files (mq4).

The directory structure changed as well, so indicators and scripts are now merged into a MQL4 folder.

Unfortunately, users of RangeBar, RenkoBar, TickBar and MeanrenkoBar will not be able to use the currently downloaded indicators with the new build. I am preparing a concurrent release for the new MT4 build and I will create a new download area for it, not to mess with the current one.

Had to create a backup of an old MT4 for compiling EAs and Indicators as well. Since they disabled Compiling of decompiled EAs.

Took this warning from other FX forum! Looks scary!

Is the new MT4 made in cooperation with Wall Street market makers?

We should boycott all brokers which will not offer the present MT4 version. Do they want to make 99.9% traders losers? Probably!

Hermes

"Took this warning from other FX forum! Looks scary!

Is the new MT4 made in cooperation with Wall Street market makers?

We should boycott all brokers which will not offer the present MT4 version. Do they want to make 99.9% traders losers? Probably!

Hermes "

You are probably wright.

Edited by puiu288

Yes, the default indies will be always there but many made by programmers not! Renko, Range and old EAs will not fit the MQ4 files. Some guys will backup the last version build 509 and keep it. I am not technical in coding or programming but some wizards will tell us what to do.

I almost got an heart attack when I got the message because I trade mostly Renko!

We all will be pushed to take paid platforms like Ninja, Tradestation and others because they will have still the features. The fee will be expected to go up.

Cheers Hermes

Edited by hermes

hermes,

can you post a link where it says that you can't use the .mq4 anymore?

I really doubt that

What is planned is that there will be only one editor and one compiler for MT4/5

and the editor/compiler will recognize whether you are coding mt4 or mt5

So all the "old " .mq4 files should only have to be compiled because the binary output will change in a way that decompling .ex4 as we know it is history

If you only have the .ex4 that could be a problem

thanks hermes...

luckily I still keep an old broker that has build 451 on my pc.

been doing all compiling in there :)

Who is the old fellow broker?

iwjw, I got the message from other forum as you can read in my first post. Somebody else discovered it not me, I am not Marco Polo.

I have many good indicators with only .ex4, it would be a pity if that is true what you say. Many scared creators don't give you mq4 files.

Cheers Hermes

• 2 weeks later...