Wyckoff Stepping Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyckoff Stepping Stones

Does anyone know how to do Wyckoff Point and Figure Stepping Stone charts?

Check these 2 Links

hxxp://www.4sh@red.com/rar/o9VaWxAd/Richard_D__Wyckoff_-_Method_of.html

hxxp://www.4sh@red.com/rar/_KwFwbYC/Richard_D__Wyckoff_-_The_Day_T.html

Comment

Originally posted by aenigma View Post
      Check these 2 Links
      hxxp://www.4sh@red.com/rar/o9VaWxAd/Richard_D__Wyckoff_-_Method_of.html
      hxxp://www.4sh@red.com/rar/_KwFwbYC/Richard_D__Wyckoff_-_The_Day_T.html
      I've read these books and the P&F chapters don't explain stepping stones.

Comment

u should read the definitive guide to P&F by Thomas Dorsey and in particular Hank pruden for Wyckoff style of using p&f , in my opinion Wyckoff basically used P&F for calculating the distance a stock would move from its congestion zone .

Comment

Originally posted by kang View Post
          u should read the definitive guide to P&F by Thomas Dorsey and in particular Hank pruden for Wyckoff style of using p&f , in my opinion Wyckoff basically used P&F for calculating the distance a stock would move from its congestion zone .
          I have a collection of P&F books and Hank Pruden's is the only one that comes close to explaining stepping stones. He gives highlighted examples that don't explain the procedure. All other P&F books explain an entirely different method of using P&F charts using chart patterns only with no counting methods. There's a difference between using chart patterns and using the count method to determine the price target and its intermediate stepping stones. Whatever these other books do with horizontal and vertical counts, there not doing the Wyckoff Phase Counts that determine the stepping stones. Pruden's examples are hard to formulate a repeatable procedure.
          Last edited by Bill Bundle; 14-08-13, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bundle View Post
            I have a collection of P&F books and Hank Pruden's is the only one that comes close to explaining stepping stones. He gives highlighted examples that don't explain the procedure. All other P&F books explain an entirely different method of using P&F charts using chart patterns only with no counting methods. There's a difference between using chart patterns and using the count method to determine the price target and its intermediate stepping stones. Whatever these other books do with horizontal and vertical counts, there not doing the Wyckoff Phase Counts that determine the stepping stones. Pruden's examples are hard to formulate a repeatable procedure.
            thanks......
            Last edited by tke1; 05-11-14, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by tke1 View Post
              I have a Bob Evans (circa 1950) audio tape on this topic - are you already aware of that before I try and find it for you ?
              I have most of them (Wyckoff Lecture Series). Which one has the information that I'm seeking?

Edit: Ok. I found it, but it's very brief. Would you happen to know if SMI's current materials that they are selling for $1,200 has better quality charts and text? The materials that I have are copies from microfiche from the US Library of Congress that's dated almost 100 years old.

After listening to the recording and looking at the old chart, there is no explanation of the procedure.
              Last edited by Bill Bundle; 14-08-13, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bundle View Post
                I have most of them (Wyckoff Lecture Series). Which one has the information that I'm seeking?

Edit: Ok. I found it, but it's very brief. Would you happen to know if SMI's current materials that they are selling for $1,200 has better quality charts and text? The materials that I have are copies from microfiche from the US Library of Congress that's dated almost 100 years old.

After listening to the recording and looking at the old chart, there is no explanation of the procedure.
                What I have is old also, but 1950's - I think the only relevant ones maybe....

Stepping_Stone_Counts
                Searching For Counts
                Market Principles-The Count Guide

They are from SMI and are brief audio with a very old chart to read.....if you want them let me know...
                Last edited by tke1; 14-08-13, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by tke1 View Post
                  What I have is old also, but 1950's - I think the only relevant ones maybe....
                  Stepping_Stone_Counts
                  Searching For Counts
                  Market Principles-The Count Guide
                  They are from SMI and are brief audio with a very old chart to read.....if you want them let me know...
                  Thanks for offering, but I seem to have them and probably the rest of the lectures. I'll have to go through them and hear what they have to offer.

There must be a book somewhere that has a complete explanation. David Weis' new book Trades About to Happen mentions stepping stones, but it's much the same as Hank Pruden's way of showing them. They're examples with no explanation of the procedure.
                  Last edited by Bill Bundle; 14-08-13, 22:50.

Comment

@Bill, I get the impression Mr Weiss is quite keen to make sure the good Wyckoff methods get passed on; if there's an area of ambiguity or omission in his book, it might be worth drawing it to his attention. He could easily release a supplementary PDF on his website(/via the publishers).

Comment

TradeGuider has a course on PnF taught by David Weis called Wyckoff VSA - Point & Figure Mentorship Course.
                      Does anyone have a membership that would like to share this course?

http://www.tradeguider.com/mentorship_pf.asp
                      Cheers

Comment

Does anyone have the videos to this course and like to share them with the rest of us in the forum?

Originally posted by ptop View Post
                        TradeGuider has a course on PnF taught by David Weis called Wyckoff VSA - Point & Figure Mentorship Course.
                        Does anyone have a membership that would like to share this course?

Cheers

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        Working...
                        X