FXCM Broker Review

riccia

Hi,

Searching for broker with low major pair spread.

Found FXCM has partner with Boston.

May be good for scalping EA with which need low spread.

anybody currently has account with FXCM and will like to comment ?

Currency Pair As Low As Typical Spread*

EUR/CHF

Euro – Swiss Franc 0.1 2

EUR/GBP

Euro – British Pound 0.6 2.4

EUR/USD

Euro – US Dollar 0.9 2.3

USD/JPY

US Dollar – Japanese Yen 0.5 2.9

GBP/USD

British Pound – US Dollar 0.8 3.7

USD/CHF

US Dollar – Swiss Franc 1 3.8

AUD/USD

Australian Dollar – US Dollar 1 3.7

USD/CAD

US Dollar – Canadian Dollar 1 4.8

EUR/JPY

Euro – Japanese Yen 0.6 3.9

CHF/JPY

Swiss Franc –

Japanese Yen 1 3.5

NZD/USD

New Zealand Dollar – US Dollar 0.8 4

AUD/JPY

Australian Dollar – Japanese Yen 2.3 5

EUR/CAD

Euro – Canadian Dollar 2.4 6

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FXCM with Boston Technology

FXCM? No no too, yes advertised spread is low, but you will never get that. Wait till you old, because they just said as low as but never happen. Apart from that trade context busy is their trademark now, open trade you need to wait few minutes, close trades too. Everything is just what they said. Don't get your money burned into it.

FXCM? No no too, yes advertised spread is low, but you will never get that. Wait till you old, because they just said as low as but never happen. Apart from that trade context busy is their trademark now, open trade you need to wait few minutes, close trades too. Everything is just what they said. Don't get your money burned into it.

1 -http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1764/metaquotesvirtualdealergm2.jpg

2 -fxcm always is lost ecause of FXCM's bugged Meta Trader platform that opens secondary orders on Trade Station platform without approval of player.

3-confidential transactions table

4 - If you want I can send screenshots

example

1- As you can see in order with number 399919 stop loss value is less than entry value but it had stopped anyway and I got a loss of $320 (figure 1).

2- In 399900, the pair was USDCHF and the entry value is 1.18200. But system changes this value automatically to 1.18200099 so that you can use this value as parameter in expert advisor. Expert advisor uses 5 digit values, not 7. And just because of this an order can't be closed. This caused me a loss of $2321.32 (figure 4).

3- Order 407735 was a 5 lot GBPJPY. Entry value was 134.990, stop 134.870 and take profit 134.790. When I opened the position the entry value instantly became 134.98999 and this caused order to be locked.

When an order become locked you can't do anything to change stop or take profit values or even close earlier than those values. (figure 5).

4- FXCM says "There's no dealing desk at FXCM" but this proves that there's a dealing desk which profitable positions always become locked (figure 5a).

5- When you look at figure 7 you can see the details of order 404927.

This is an entry order. 10 lot GBPJPY at an entry value of 133.930, take profit 132.500. This entry order didn't work the way it meant to be and didn't open a position even the price became 133.875. This cost me a profit of $14300. But it opened when the market changed is way and gave me a loss of $7138.79 for the first half of lots and $7323.79 for the second half. If the position was opened the way it meant to be I wouldn't had a loss of $14462 and I would take a profit of $14300 instead. When you add them together my loss from this position is

$28762 (figure 7c).

6- As you can see in figure 7 my balance was $45749.87. And when you look at figure 7b I had opened tickets with numbers 409320, 409307, 410818, 410048, 410769 10 lot each. With a leverage of 200:1 50 lots means $25000 used margin. I had received a margin call from these orders. When you look at the final balance with the closing of order

410769 my balance was -1047.60 USD instead of +25000 USD. And after this margin call another "dealing desk" order opened with a ticket number of 411005 which gave me a $396.56 loss. This last one couldn't be cause according to the program I use my margin was -1047.60 USD.

When you add all I demand $25000 + $1047.60 + $ 396.56 which is

$26444.22 (figure 7a, figure 7b, figure 7c).

7- As you can see in figure 8, two "dealing desk" orders were opened with ticket numbers 549181 and 549210. First one gave me $1015 loss and the second gave $545 loss. This is ridiculous cause I didn't opened these orders. I demand $1560 back for these orders (figure 8)

Supporting Documentation:

Haskayafx is my website. So I thought that maybe you can download the files (that link is a download link). If there's another way that I should do it please let me know how. In that rar file I have screen shots of my disputes. You can download the files from this link:

http://www.haskayafx.com/fxcmnfa.rar

Since I am a Meta Trader user, my orders should be calculated in Meta Trader platform but when you open Trade Station 2 (default platform of

FXCM) you can see some other positions which were opened without my approval under the name of "balance adjustment". You can see many balance adjustments in the documents I've provided. MetatraderReport. is my Meta Trader platform position details and htmTradeStationIIReports.htm is Trade Station ones.

I used FXCM for years. They were my first broker so I was quiet naive. I never used an EA with them, although I can advise that they used every dirty trick in the book to separate you from your money. Platform freezing was a regular tactic particularly around news announcements. I actually had them close a position that was +80 pips for -30 pips which was my initial stop loss. They tried to tell me that a spike occurred 40 minutes ago so was so fast it did not register on the charts nor could it be seen on the trading platform. That was when I began looking for a new broker.

FXCM with MT4 Platform

Hi all,

after looking a bit deeper to FXCM it looks like their MT4 Trading Platform is only available for FXCM UK and so not for US Residents available.

Is that right? does anybody knows this exactly?

thank's for information