Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I choose forex trading as a real career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I choose forex trading as a real career?

well, i believe that we can build our career on Forex. because forex is a business and we can make the business as our career. for me its really thankful because I'm feeling lucky to found forex and i can solve my financial problem and help my family too. i just need to maintain what i am doing now.
    Last edited by hermanhess; 26-03-13, 11:50.

You should learn forex first. Take baby steps and and don't plan on long term future goals until you take the first step in learning how forex works. After you do this, then learn to demo trade. You have a long, long way to go new guy.

Don't be too disappointed if you find that the forex didn't agree with you since 95% of traders don't succeed.

Comment

I've known people that have been trading for 5-6 years before they became full-time traders. I've only been trading for 8 months and I already know there's still a long way to go before I get what I want.

Comment

We can make forex trading as a career, and to be able to make it happen we have to be able to get consistent profit first, too risky if we leave our main work to forex. Improve trading skills and continue to learn is the way that can make it come true.

Comment

Yes if you can keep one decade as a gestation period.

Comment

I trade with hotforex for a year and a half now, but i still keep my day job as well, I do swings mainly with little risk and earn a decent extra each month whcih helps me a lot, I want to be good at forex and maybe someday earn from forex alone and have more time in my hands to do other things, so it really depends how you look at it but yeah it is very possible and there are pro traders that earn big from forex alone

Comment

Originally posted by maligno View Post
              I trade with hotforex for a year and a half now, but i still keep my day job as well, I do swings mainly with little risk and earn a decent extra each month whcih helps me a lot, I want to be good at forex and maybe someday earn from forex alone and have more time in my hands to do other things, so it really depends how you look at it but yeah it is very possible and there are pro traders that earn big from forex alone
              Yeah, we have to minimize the risk. If we want to make forex as a main job, as a career, the most important thing is consistency profit we can get, not how much profit that we get. But it would be better if we could get a huge profit and consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaban View Post
                Yeah, we have to minimize the risk. If we want to make forex as a main job, as a career, the most important thing is consistency profit we can get, not how much profit that we get. But it would be better if we could get a huge profit and consistent.
                You contradicted yourself. Not how much profit you get but if we could get huge profit and consistent. Consider proof reading your posts before submitting.

Comment

If you would be dedicated in Forex trading, you can take it as your real career. There are a lot of careers involed to Forex as trader, IB, broker,... When you are good at something, try to stick into with it.

Comment

a career is really possible in forex, its not a sallary job, though some broker have employeees i guess but its more of a business that you have to handle your self, traders make millions let it import export, stock market, even a simple store is also trading and so does forex. I read about people quitting good careers to pursue forex, and they are doing quiet well

Comment

Well I trade mostly the Euro and only win half the time or 50/50 over 100's of trades so that's not really 'consistency of profit' as the wins are only half the time. You can be quite profitable winning only half the time.
                      There are periods between 25-35% of the time where the strategy will not work. You have to plan what to do after a certain number of trades otherwise your drawdown will be larger. So a successful career in forex or any other business is about managing the risk. I trade similar to the turtles, it's not rocket science.

Comment

learn to be greedy then you may.

Comment

Yes, it is possible if you can minimize your lost up to 0.3%. But not recommended if you just start trading. Just keep on with you current job, until you can minimize to that percentage, so you will still have something to hold on when you are lost during trading.

Comment

Originally posted by duderex View Post
                            Yes, it is possible if you can minimize your lost up to 0.3%. But not recommended if you just start trading. Just keep on with you current job, until you can minimize to that percentage, so you will still have something to hold on when you are lost during trading.
                            Not sure where you come up with 0.3% as a figure. One can continue trading as long as their losses don't exceed his winnings. One should continue with their job and trade at the same time. I don't recommend that anyone quits their job if they can trade at the same time. Only when one becomes very skilled and they trade part time for several years, do I recommend that they start trading full time.

Comment

Originally posted by duderex View Post
                              Am curious. As you mentioned, if we can minimize our lost up to 0.3%, we can only become full time traders, then what is the minimum profit (in %) that we must earn?
                              Last edited by apple1937; 18-04-13, 14:53.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X