Strength Indicators

juicyt

I have seen and used many strength meters for Forex but to be honest, I am not impressed with any these days. I have looked at charts for a long time and think using a simple MA across multiple time frames would be enough information to give a true strength meter reading.

For example, lets say I pull up a chart and put on it a 9ema (just for example) and decide if price has fully left that MA across the daily, 4hr, and 1hr chart in the same direction then the strength is good and more or less a long term strength not some fake spike type of move. From there, I would imagine I could use that same ema indicator to time my entries from the 30, 15, and 5min chart (So maybe enter when those 3 time frames align and do the same thing.)

I am intereste in peoples thoughts on this type of thing. Are strength meters better than what I have suggested? Has one already been made like this that I am unaware of? Are my eyes better at doing this rather than making a scanning meter? Would anyone give it a go and attempt to make one?

jt